So hows the Big Country holdin up?

DirtyDodge

Just curious on how everyones doin with their trailers out there. any big trips planned for the summer?? have fuel prices limited you on how far you folks tow the BC this summer? im living out of mine for work so i really dont get to enjoy it like i want to.
but i must say its held up very well in the year ive owned it. from 118 deg temps of AZ summer to -10 deg winters of Nebraska. just installed a 2nd a/c in the bedroom to help survive the Texas summer ahead!

Taz Devil

We just purchased one last week after several months of searching the different dealerships within a 3 hour area. We finally found the one we purchased from a dealer about 2.5 hours away on line. We had visited the dealership but at the time this one was not available. An individual was set to purchase it but the deal fell through. It's an early 08 but we feel we got a good deal. Taking out for the 1st time this weekend to Tampa, so we will see how things go. We had a TT for a while and this is our 1st 5er. Bigger and more room....lots of rooooommmm. :rolleyes:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
As a owner of the 3250 since Feb 07, we seem to be ok. Other than lightning hitting the house, which burned out the converter in the camper, and getting caught in a tropical storm at the beach in SC which found a weak spot in the slide and did some water damage on the side trim, the basic trailer has held up well. We live in TN and have made 2 trips to Florida, one to PA, a couple trips to SC plus lots of short trips in and around the mountains of east TN so the camper doesn't sit too much. This spring we are heading west for 2 1/2 weeks. Right now we would definitely got any Heartland.

Taz Devil

Mine went back to shop after the Thanksgiving weekend. The furnace wouldn't fire up. Tried several times and would not fire up. Of course this one of those chilly weekends. Also found out the water pump would not pump water with 1/3 water in the tank. Then while checking the air pressure in the tires, if you were to move the valve stems from side to side they would leak air. Then we had a minor slide issue. It is still there being repaired. The Camping World where I took apparently had a person that was suppose to be taking care of the warranty work decided to leave and not take care of any of the issues. What can you do. We should be getting it back next week.

Taz Devil

The BC is back

Well we got the BC back from Camping World with everything completed. We were able to tack it out this weekend for a short trip up to Disney World. We stayed at Sherwood Forest campground. No issues with the 5er this time and everything worked. Thankfully the furnace worked fine this outing since it was very chilly Friday night - Saturday morning.

bill40

Hello DD,
Our 3500RL seems to be doing well. Not planning any long distance trips this year, couple of short ones to the shore to visit friends and the PA ralley in August. We had some problems when we picked up our unit but Heartland was able to get a local dealer to fix them. He was not happy and let us know it but did a good job in getting it right.We have used the unit several times this winter when the kids came to visit and they were very conformable even though the temps were around 15 to 25 degrees. Will see how it is in the heat this summer. Bill