Recommended RV exterior wash, wax, & sealant?

I am getting ready to wash, wax, & seal the roof? I am wondering what are some of the recommend products to use.

I already Lube the slide outs & condition the seals, but thats nothing compared to washing & waxing.

2016 cyclone 4200, purchased in August 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

Welcome.
A search will provide a number of threads on washes, waxes etc for your rig. It is an often discussed topic here. In addition you will find info on what to do to your roof but as I recall Dawn and water is most used.
Check the list at the bottom of this page. There is a list of threads that will help you get a start.

mlpeloquin

I have used several products for the RV. Once a year I use ZEP TNT (Truck and Trailer Wash) applied with a garden sprayer. Strips everything clean fast. Rinse well and then dry. Many other products I have used and liked, but had a lot of labor in using them. Finally settled with Rejex for the entire fifth wheel and my truck. I use Bugs-&-All for removing bugs and tar. Both products I learned about here in the forum. They preform extremely well and make life easy. In between I use a quick detailer to go over the entire RV. It does not remove the Rejex. I have also used a dry Wash-&-Wax product to quickly clean areas on a long trip, but with Rejex the Bugs-&-All and Meguiars detailer I don't think I will need to purchase them again.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Dawn will degrease along with remove wax but a good cleaner. Once washed and waxed with right stuff just regular car wash works good. As for the right wax I also recommend the REJEX. Once a season is all I do on my full paint Landmark. Once waxed just wash with good old Turtle Wax car wash all season long.

rxbristol

Dawn for the wash and Turtle ICE wax. ICE is very easy to apply and builds up over a couple of applications. I wash and wax my rig twice a year and it's still beading water when it's bath time. I have used REJEX on the front cap...it's very nice, but requires more work to apply.

Lynn1130

If you are working harder at applying Rejex you might be doing it wrong. Put it on, let it dry, wipe it off or buff it off which ever machinery you prefer. I have had three different detailers use my Rejex on my truck, car and RV and all have now switched to that as their main product because of the ease of application and overall protection and looks. If you leave it on too long, it, like any coating will harden and be more difficult to get off AND do not apply too much. I can get two vehicles and the entire RV done with one 16 oz bottle and have some left over. You do not need much and if you over apply it will be difficult to get it off.

Use Dawn on the roof only, unless you are trying to remove wax/Rejex from the body. Dawn strips wax. After using Dawn (or a similar dish soap) use your preferred coating. The Rejex process suggests Dawn to wash prior to applying the Rejex to get all of the old wax off. Read the directions. It does take some extra care after application for the first 24 hours.

rxbristol

Dawn does not strip the ICE wax. When applying ICE, it's literally spray on and wipe off immediately. It's a synthetic wax that leaves no residue--it can be applied in all temperatures and in the sun--you can't do that with REJEX.

Lynn1130

You may want to do some searching about ICE. Most feedback is saying that it is an oil not a wax and that it does not last. There are several blogs on the Corvette pages and others about owner's findings/feelings. I am just passing on what I read but do your own research.

This topic, much like which truck to buy, which tires to put on my RV and which battery set up is best will start long threads about "my favorite-whatever". That is one reason I avoided starting this at the beginning and suggested the OP do a search. To each his own so read the research and use what floats your boat.

murry135

Dawn for the wash and Turtle ICE wax. ICE is very easy to apply and builds up over a couple of applications. I wash and wax my rig twice a year and it's still beading water when it's bath time. I have used REJEX on the front cap...it's very nice, but requires more work to apply.
I disgree, REJEX is easily applied for it is lime all other liquid waxes. Used in airplanes for its polymers.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

murry135

Dawn does not strip the ICE wax. When applying ICE, it's literally spray on and wipe off immediately. It's a synthetic wax that leaves no residue--it can be applied in all temperatures and in the sun--you can't do that with REJEX.
Dawn is a degreaser and thus it does remove waxes and sealants. IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

MP_CS

I've used HaRVeys products for years..There wash/wax is all i use on my fiver and cars..