2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) & Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)

JJnVA

The North American Heartland Home Owners 2017 Rally in Goshen is only 10 months away! Its Time to start working on handmade items for the Heartland Gives Back Initiative for that Rally! We will need lots and lots of baby items for our Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) project as well as chemo caps and shawls for a new project called Heartland Hats and Hugs (HHH). Let's shoot for a total of 500 items to be donated to these 2 projects!! :angel: The donations will be collected at a special event at the Rally.

You may be wondering....What is this Heartland Gives Back Initiative?

HOC members put their hearts and talents into making or buying baby items to give to families in need in Elkhart County, Indiana where we will be rallying. Baby items needed: blankets, caps, booties, sleep sacks, bibs, and burp pads. These items can be crocheted, knitted, quilted, sewn, fleece tied, or store bought. The Elkhart County Extension Homemakers organization in Goshen will distribute these wonderful blessings to assure that babies and toddlers are kept warm.

HHH will provide handmade shawls and chemo caps for those who are receiving cancer treatment and may be suffering ill side effects. These items will be donated to patients at the Goshen Center for Cancer Care. Ann Parrish (HOC member 1158) will be coordinating HHH and would love to hear from anyone who would be interested in knitting shawls and chemo caps. The program has gotten off to a great start with one of our HOC members Randy & Brenda Spitzkeit owners of Benchmark RV Park in Meridian, MS who donated $300 to our cause for the purchase of yarn. If you would be interested in either purchasing your own yarn and making the items, or if you would prefer to receive some of the yarn purchased with the donation, please contact Ann by email at parrishr@fusemail.com, or phone at (770) 757-4895.

If you have any questions, please post to this thread or pm me. Thank you in advance for opening your hearts to the families and cancer patients in Elkhart county! Judi

Follow this link to to the HGB article on the rally website to learn more about this opportunity to give back.

Attachments

• HGBI_Email_10-Apr-2017.pdf
    439.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:

VKTalley

Re: 2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB)

Hi Judi! Want some help again this year? We plan on being at the rally, so let me know. :)

JJnVA

Hi Judi! Want some help again this year? We plan on being at the rally, so let me know. :)

Thanks, Val. Know I can always count on you. Will talk closer to the Rally next year about what assistance is needed. Happy Trails and crocheting until then!

Last edited:

JJnVA

Happy 2017!

Now that the holidays are over it's time to focus on the 2017 Goshen Rally just 5 months from now!I know I am getting excited about being together with all of our HOC RV friends at Pre-rally and Rally. If you haven't already started working on your gifts of love for the Heartland Gives Back Initiative at the Rally, you need to get stitching for Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) and Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH). In case you are new and wonder what this is about...we are "giving back" to the Goshen/Elkhart community with our donations to help keep babies and cancer patients warm and feeling the love with your handcrafted items of baby blankets, caps & clothes as well as prayer shawls and chemo caps. Please read Post #1 of this thread for more details.

In 2015, I was overwhelmed at the site of the multitude of bags of beautiful donated items that totaled just over 800, that is right – 800! Everyone was awesome – both in their talents and generosity!! If you don't have the knit/crochet talent, we also had the “no sew” fleece-tie blankets and store bought items that were greatly appreciated by the families who needed them!

If you would like more information about our Baby Blessings initiative, please do not hesitate to message me! I look forward to hearing from you. Ann Parrish (HOC member 1158
) welcomes your questions regarding HHH's prayer shawls & chemo caps.

Crochet, knit, sew on!!! And, let everyone know, by posting on this forum thread, about what you are making, tips on patterns and more, and let's get others motivated by spreading the word.

Thanks so much, Judi & Ann

Last edited:

Bones

Are you looking for anything that will keep babies warm? Like swaddle blankets maybe?

VKTalley

Are you looking for anything that will keep babies warm? Like swaddle blankets maybe?

Bones, all baby items are welcomed! Swaddles are very nice. Several of us make (either knit, crochet or sew) items and others buy items.

Bones

Bones, all baby items are welcomed! Swaddles are very nice. Several of us make (either knit, crochet or sew) items and others buy items.
I'm not very good at that kind of stuff so I'll have to revert to purchasing.:)

jbeletti

Unsure if Nancy will be joining the turn-in event, but we purchased some baby blankets that we are donating.

anjoro

Hi Judi - I'm new to the club and my husband and I will be attending the Montgomery, TX Rally in early April. Does every rally collect for HBB? I loom knit children's hats for Ronald McDonald Houses, cancer centers, schools, etc. I sure would like to be a part of HBB, but we're not able b to attend your Goshen Rally. I could ship some hats to you if that would be ok. Please let me know if I can be a part of you HBB. Happy 2017! JoAnn Rosko
Happy 2017!

Now that the holidays are over it's time to focus on the 2017 Goshen Rally just 5 months from now!I know I am getting excited about being together with all of our HOC RV friends at Pre-rally and Rally. If you haven't already started working on your gifts of love for the Heartland Gives Back Initiative at the Rally, you need to get stitching for Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) and Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH). In case you are new and wonder what this is about...we are "giving back" to the Goshen/Elkhart community with our donations to help keep babies and cancer patients warm and feeling the love with your handcrafted items of baby blankets, caps & clothes as well as prayer shawls and chemo caps. Please read Post #1 of this thread for more details.

In 2015, I was overwhelmed at the site of the multitude of bags of beautiful donated items that totaled just over 800, that is right – 800! Everyone was awesome – both in their talents and generosity!! If you don't have the knit/crochet talent, we also had the “no sew” fleece-tie blankets and store bought items that were greatly appreciated by the families who needed them!

If you would like more information about our Baby Blessings initiative, please do not hesitate to message me! I look forward to hearing from you. Ann Parrish (HOC member 1158

Crochet, knit, sew on!!! And, let everyone know, by posting on this forum thread, about what you are making, tips on patterns and more, and let's get others motivated by spreading the word.

Thanks so much, Judi & Ann[/QUOTE]

jbeletti

Hi Judi - I'm new to the club and my husband and I will be attending the Montgomery, TX Rally in early April. Does every rally collect for HBB? I loom knit children's hats for Ronald McDonald Houses, cancer centers, schools, etc. I sure would like to be a part of HBB, but we're not able b to attend your Goshen Rally. I could ship some hats to you if that would be ok. Please let me know if I can be a part of you HBB. Happy 2017! JoAnn Rosko

JoAnn - thank you for your commitment to HBB. Way to be a blessing to others!

I just looked at the attendee list for the Montgomery, TX rally and I recognize several names of people who are planning to attend the Goshen rally. I suggest you keep on looming and hand off a bag of your handmade items in Montgomery to someone who is coming to the rally. This should work out great!

Also - welcome to the club!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Happy 2017!

Thanks so much, Judi & Ann
[/QUOTE]

Joann my wife and I will be at Montgomery and are going to Goshen as well. Also I think Tom and Marti as well as Jay and Stella will be going to goshen. Just get with one of us and we can make sure your items get delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJnVA

Thanks so much, Andy, for helping out with this very important initiative. And, BIG THANKS to you Joann for your generous gift of time and handmade love caps for children in need in Elkhart County! Judi

Joann my wife and I will be at Montgomery and are going to Goshen as well. Also I think Tom and Marti as well as Jay and Stella will be going to goshen. Just get with one of us and we can make sure your items get delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

anjoro

Sounds like a plan. Also a good way to meet new friends. Many thanks and hope some day to meet you. JoAnn

. Way to be a blessing to others!

I just looked at the attendee list for the Montgomery, TX rally and I recognize several names of people who are planning to attend the Goshen rally. I suggest you keep on looming and hand off a bag of your handmade items in Montgomery to someone who is coming to the rally. This should work out great!

Also - welcome to the club![/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jason. Definitely will have a box full. We both are so looking forward to our first rally and making new friends. See ya in April! JoAnn & Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

JJnVA

This is a pic from the 2014 North American Rally in Urbanna VA showing a family from the non-profit Northern Neck Healthy Families program receiving HBB blankets from HOC members.
Look at those happy faces!!! The recipients, the director of the program, and the HOC members....it is such a rewarding feeling for those giving and a blessing for those receiving!

At the 2017 Goshen Rally, families served by the Elkhart County Extension Office of the Perdue University will be the recipients of our Heartland Baby Blessings donations. I have heard from several ladies who are already crocheting and quilting baby blankets and caps. Let's hear from others about what you are working on for our Heartland Gives Back initiative in Goshen.
Remember your donation can be store bought items also....for those like me who are not very good at any kind of needlework!!!

Attachments

• WPM$DHLU.jpg
    WPM$DHLU.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 51

Chrisvh

Hi Judi! While enjoying our annual Florida trek (sorry about the weather issues for our northern friends :(), I've been working on a couple HBB quilts. It's always fun to see how they develop as I put the "puzzle pieces" together! Once I get home in February, I'll be working on some easy baby panels which will quilt up quickly--my goal is to have about 10 to contribute to our great cause of Heartland Baby Blessings.
I look forward to seeing what our talented members come up with!

JJnVA

Only Four (4) months away from the Heartland Baby Blessings and Heartland Hats & Hugs Turn in luncheon at the Goshen Rally! Let us hear from those of you who are knitting, crocheting and quilting beautiful blessings for the babies and cancer patients in Elkhart County. What are you making? Can you share photos? Would love to see what's happening!!
Donations of chemo caps and shawls will help cancer patients at the Goshen Center for Cancer Care. Baby blankets, caps & other items will warm the babies in families who are struggling to make ends meet in Elkhart and surrounding counties.
If you need more info about this important Heartland Gives Back initiative, please do not hesitate to send me a PM or post here on this thread.
Judi

anjoro

Hi Judi - So far I have about 60 hats. Hoping to have some more to add to the box. So enjoy my loom knitting. Have a great day! JoAnn Rosko :cool:

JJnVA

Hi Judi - So far I have about 60 hats. Hoping to have some more to add to the box. So enjoy my loom knitting. Have a great day! JoAnn Rosko :cool:

JoAnn, 60 hats already, that is so awesome! Are you sure that you won't be able to join us in Goshen this year? Would love to meet you and learn more about loom knitting!!
Thank you so much for your generosity and time. I know so much love from your heart is in this worthy project!!

• angel.png