Wall Mounting items

Good evening all. My wife would like me to mount a small mirror in the bedroom so that she can put on her make-up without taking up the bathroom space. She would also like me to add a towel/washcloth hook or rod in the bathroom. What is the best way to do this if it is possible. I don't want to damage the integrity of the construction.

Thanks

kowAlski631

We've used Contact picture hanging strips for mirrors and pictures. Works well. We bought an over the door towel holder that works well in the bathroom.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The easiest thing would be to tell her she looks beautiful without makeup. Problem solved. No need for an extra mirror. ☺

Peace
Dave

farside291

I used plastic wall anchors. But, Murphy's law strikes again. Right where I want to punch a hole for the anchor I hit one of the aluminum wall studs. Time to get the drill. The outside walls, the anchors seem to hold well in the Styrofoam.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We can't get those command hooks to stay on the walls in our Prowler . . . they fall off and wrinkle the wall paper.

We used them all over in our previous Trail Runner without issue.

In our Prowler shower, I bought some hooks with suction cups at Wal*Mart that stick to the glass . . . these work really good!

Gary521

You can mount a frameless mirror on the interior/ exterior wall with regular mirror mounting clips and small screws. Use sufficient number of clips. The interior/exterior wall is thin plywood called luan. A frameless mirror is not that heavy. Same with towel thing but don't be rough with it.

kowAlski631

We can't get those command hooks to stay on the walls in our Prowler . . . they fall off and wrinkle the wall paper.

We used them all over in our previous Trail Runner without issue.

In our Prowler shower, I bought some hooks with suction cups at Wal*Mart that stick to the glass . . . these work really good!

We put up pictures and a mirrors over 3 years ago in our BH. Still hanging there with no issues.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We put up pictures and a mirrors over 3 years ago in our BH. Still hanging there with no issues.

I think the dealership put some kind of Scotchgaurd type stuff on the inside of the Prowler, which is why they (Command Hooks) don't stick to the walls.

We used them (Command Hooks) in our previous Heartland Trail Runner and they worked fine.