ATF: Landmark - Landmark control panel

porthole

Retired
A class leader deserves some class leader changes.

I just don't get what makes designers think everyone wants to see all these switches and controls. Trim it out and put a door on it.

And, I've said this since we bought our Cyclone in 2009 - laser cut a single panel. This hodge-podge collections of controls is out of character for the models, actually, all of the product lines.

Think about how much nicer a single panel with everything laser cut in would look.
And put in blank switch covers and spare real estate for future use many owners do.

Our big boat was built in 1980 and had a single panel that had every control cut in to it, and that was before lasers.

And, it is nice top see at least one new model is getting a real, finished pocket door.

Attachments

• LM control panel.jpg
    LM control panel.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 100

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Duane,
Your picture is actually better than what we had in our 2006 Bighorn or our 2009 Landmark. But I agree with what you are saying. It would be really nice to have all this in one package. Maybe by the time we are ready to upgrade this will be one of those things they make better.

farside291

Mine are in a closet to the right of the door as you walk in. But, I noticed on the new models the switches are out in the open.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Luckily mine are behind two cupboard doors and I still have lots of room back there for more goodies.
It definitely is a Hodgepodge of switches. But the one positive thing about that is I can tell what is what without my glasses on, now that I know where everything is.
cb01e404096b082dc574e86a549cc4b0.jpg

5bfbdaaf2e581249cbd6a3c2183e5e0e.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mburtsvt

My only problem with my panel is that in the Madison, (LN 365), the switches are all in the lower part of the cabinet. I’m an old guy - I don’t like bending over to get to the switches. To this day I have no idea what the green LCD panel is about, (yes I know what it is - I just have not looked at it).

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My only problem with my panel is that in the Madison, (LN 365), the switches are all in the lower part of the cabinet. I’m an old guy - I don’t like bending over to get to the switches. To this day I have no idea what the green LCD panel is about, (yes I know what it is - I just have not looked at it).
That thing is fun to play with. It gives you lots of information you wouldn't normally get.
Like amp draw and L-1 & L-2 voltage.
You can see what the coffee maker is pulling
You would be amazed at what the coffee maker, the fireplace, and the water heater will pull.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk