Delivery Date Question

We recently ordered a Sundance 5th wheel and are anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Is there a way to find out from the factory what the estimated delivery date is? We are just getting a vague window of arrival from the dealership. Thank you in advance. I LOVE this forum!!!

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Contact your salesman at the dealership.

The dealer should know (or can find out) when it leaves the factory, which transport company has it once picked up from the factory, when it departs the transport companies yard, estimated date of arrival once it departs and should be able to follow the drivers progess daily as we are required to make a check call daily before noon EST monday through friday.

Trust me they like to see a retail sold unit get to their lot ASAP and often will contact the transport companies to get the unit in priority vs other stock they may have ordered for their floor plan.

Nothing I like better than seeing a salesman walk out and slap a "SOLD" sticker on the trailer while I'm checking it in and going through the delivery inspection.:D

Thank you so much for your input. I have contacted the dealer and all they are telling me is 4-6 weeks, even now, 2 weeks after I ordered it. Originally, before we ordered it, they told us we could have it in as little as 2 weeks, now all we can get is this 4-6 week window, that is why I was trying to see if there was someone at the factory I could get an update from. I'm just super excited to get this, the anticipation is too much for me, we haven't ever been in even a floor model of what we ordered, so I think I am more anxious than I normally would be....I need answers!!!!! Hahaha! Thanks again for taking the time to post, I appreciate your help.

dewwood

We ordered our Sundance a little over a year ago and were going thru the same anxiety you are. We had sold our old camper and were planning a family vacation in July. They started our unit on Wed before the 4th of July but then shut down for a week for the holiday so I would guess you are experiencing the same issue with the shutdown. They did finish our unit the day after the shutdown and we got it in time for our vacation. We have enjoyed it immensely.

Good luck and try not to get too anxious, it will get here.

THEY SHUT DOWN FOR THE WEEK OF THE 4th???????????????????????? That would be a bummer for me, but way cool for anyone that works there!

Tankie

babyhorsie, congrats on your new 5th! we ordered our 3670RL last week of May, they also said 2 weeks. Talked to dealer Thursday and they said it just came off production line Wed.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should take a week to get to CA. wooo hooo!!!!!!!!!!! So they were close, they said when we ordered they were able to get one that was already in production. I think it depends on model and luck.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
The - 'they' - are dealers, AKA...salesmen! 'They' will tell you just about anything! When I got mine 'they' also told me 4 weeks. As it turned out, I ended up owning the exact model I toured at the show. 'They' had it in their possession the entire time...and it still took 'them' 8 weeks to deliver. :)

Facts are...it IS a Heartland! You can't rush perfection! Definitely worth the wait! :D

I heard it said once...fast, cheap, or good? Pick any two!
You can get it fast and cheap...it won't be good.
You can get it cheap and good...it won't be fast.
You can get it good and fast...it won't be cheap.
:D :D :D :D

Tankie,

Thanks for your response. We are in CA too! I got word from the factory that our will be off the production line the week of July 14. With a week for delivery, we might, just might, have it in time for a trip we have scheduled for July 25. Would you mind letting me know how your experience goes with the shipping time? Did it take more or less than a week, that sort of thing? Thanks in advance and congratulations, I'm jealous that you are getting yours! I have zero luck, so if that factors into at all, I'd be in trouble!!!!

sJv

Tankie,

Thanks for your response. We are in CA too! I got word from the factory that our will be off the production line the week of July 14. With a week for delivery, we might, just might, have it in time for a trip we have scheduled for July 25. Would you mind letting me know how your experience goes with the shipping time? Did it take more or less than a week, that sort of thing? Thanks in advance and congratulations, I'm jealous that you are getting yours! I have zero luck, so if that factors into at all, I'd be in trouble!!!!

My Sundance came off the line on Friday before memorial day. I believe it was picked up by the MI dealer Saturday, but PDI didn't happen until tuesday. It was picked up by the delivery guy wed night, but he didn't start out west until thursday. I got it Sunday. I am in the Sierra foothills of NorCal. From the time I placed the order to when I received it was a little less than 6 weeks. The delivery guy was very conscientious and even washed it before delivering it.

-steve

Tankie

babyhorsie,
We got the call from dealer on Monday our unit arrived! We picked it up Friday! this will be our second nite in it we love it!!! I think it would of been here in a week but the 4th was Friday so the dealer was closed. But all went well only had had one real issue the dinette table was broke but the had another so they robed it for use, because we are off to Colorado on Monday. So you should have yours in time for your trip!

Tankie, Thanks for the information and the update. Ours is supposed to come off the line this week. The dealership assured us it will be here in time for our trip, but we bought from Dan Gamel in Rocklin, who we just found out is going out of business, so I hope they aren't just giving us lip service. I think I am going to call Heartland tomorrow and see if there is a way I can be notified of when it ships out, just so I can start bugging the dealer to schedule my walk thru! I can't wait any longer!!!!!! Thanks again and Congrats!!

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
babyhorsie, Your unit is Headed to CA as we speak - I spoke with our transport company and they told me it is on the way - should land at the dealer Friday - Thanks John Sundance Manager

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
babyhorsie, Your unit is Headed to CA as we speak - I spoke with our transport company and they told me it is on the way - should land at the dealer Friday - Thanks John Sundance Manager

I was just gonna say that this is slow season for us transporting (very slow first few weeks of July) and a HOT one going to Cali wouldn't sit on the yard more than a few minutes.

Friday should be right on the money if it left tuesday.

Thank you John and pmmjarrett, The information you have given me has been so appreciated and helpful! I thought my excitement would lessen a little when it was on it's way (sort of the wait is almost over thing), but I'm even more excited now! I already called the dealership and we should be able to pick it up between next Tuesday and Thursday! Good thing, since we have reservations for next weekend! I LOVE HEARTLAND!!!!!!!

Me Too

Thought I'd throw mine in with the others. Ordered Big Horn 3580 on June 2nd and was told 6-8 weeks. My unit arrived on their lot on July 21st. Will go pick it up on August 8th.