Outside Patio Light Too Bright

Littlejim

I just purchased a Bighorn 5th Wheel. The outside patio LED light is way too intense and bright for just sitting outside at a campsite. There aren't any other outside lights for this use except the awning LED strip which is also too bright. Has anyone else had this issue and solved it in some way. Some kind of plug in portable light would be good but haven't seen any as yet. Also I wish this light was amber and less intense.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Depending on the style of light...you might be able to purchase an amber lens. Can't you turn off the led lights?? Call HL service, have your VIN# handy and ask if they can help you.

Littlejim

Thanks for your reply Bob. Yes I can turn off the LED Awning lights. I am mainly concerned with the single porch light which is way too intense and bright. Just not nice light for sitting outside at a campsite. And I did contact HL. They informed me that the one installed is the only one available for this model.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You can put the LED dimmer on that light also.
I think you might try a hard wired dial dimmer like this one
th

This looks like a touch one, It might fit in the control cabinet better
03005-touch-control-led-pwm-dimmer.jpg

Or this type
th

th

or I just seen this one for the first time. It might work good too. You could dim it from inside with the dial and outside with the remote.
th

I have that porch light on a motion sensor so when we walk up to the RV at night the light comes on automatically full brightness.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=482070&viewfull=1#post482070

We have the dimmed down LED light strips under the Awnings we use when were just hanging out.

Hope some of this helps you.