Replaced Toilet with Dometic 320

farside291

Replaced the 1/2 bath toilet with the Dometic 320 and all I can say is what a great toilet. I know that sounds funny but those of you who have done this know exactly what I mean. Wish I would have done this long ago. DW now wants me to try and "make it fit" the upstairs bath.

farside291

The DW wanted to get the 310. Had almost the same features but it didn't have the lip around the rim like the 320.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The 320 is the king of thrones! We put one in our ElkRidge, loved it. When we changed rigs, we were tempted to pull the toilet and swap them at the dealer. But, we decided with the toilet in the corner, it might stick out too much into the "standing room" of the bathroom. After 6 mo with the Thetford, I really wish we had taken our 320!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farside291

DW wants me to keep the Thetford. I cleaned it up, (nasty job) with anti-bacterial soap and have it in the pass through storage. I think on the way out of the park tomorrow its going in the dumpster. I can't see myself pulling a toilet after 7 or 8 years and replacing it with the original. After 2 was nasty enough. You are correct, the 320 is the King of Thrones. Love the wood seat.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just out of curiosity (and for future reference) have any of you replaced a Dometic 210 with the 310 or 320 and experienced any difficulty with the placement of the flush mechanism? On our 210, it's between the toilet and the wall, requiring use of the left foot to operate. What I see on Dometic's site is that the mechanisms are on the opposite site, which would put it further from the supply line and directly over the furnace floor vent in the BH3670 bathroom.

jnbhobe

Mine went right in,did some plumbing because of the sprayer. I think you bathroom is the same as mine John.

rxbristol

Just out of curiosity (and for future reference) have any of you replaced a Dometic 210 with the 310 or 320 and experienced any difficulty with the placement of the flush mechanism? On our 210, it's between the toilet and the wall, requiring use of the left foot to operate. What I see on Dometic's site is that the mechanisms are on the opposite site, which would put it further from the supply line and directly over the furnace floor vent in the BH3670 bathroom.

The last time I researched it, the 310 has a round bowl while the 320 is elongated. I had to purchase the 310 (which I really like) just to give me that couple of extra inches between the toilet and the sink.

porthole

Retired
I put a 320 in with the sprayer, works so much better.

BTDT GTTS

Same issue, had to add an elbow and extend the feed line.
Put a 1/4 turn valve inline while you are at it, and maybe a sprayer as well.

TravelTiger

The last time I researched it, the 310 has a round bowl while the 320 is elongated. I had to purchase the 310 (which I really like) just to give me that couple of extra inches between the toilet and the sink.

Yes the elongated bowl sticks out about another 2.25 inches, I think. However, it's more "residential feeling" and I think it might also be taller.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
BTDT GTTS

Same issue, had to add an elbow and extend the feed line.
Put a 1/4 turn valve inline while you are at it, and maybe a sprayer as well.

Thanks for the reminder link, Duane. Other than the floor register, it looks like we'd have the same install considerations. The elongated bowl would not be a problem, though. Never know when the OEM throne might give up the ghost, so this could be a future project. I've done a couple of our own S&B toilet removal/replacements, so it's not that hard.

We tried putting our litter box in the bathroom for a while, but it really got in the way. And it had to be moved out of the room to shower. So it sits in the space between the short kitchen counter and the steps. Fortunately, when the dealer installed the central vac, they put the inlet in the bottom step riser and not the wall.

GWRam

I just installed a 320 in our main bathroom last night. Way better design than the original for sure.

Could you take a photo of your bathroom with the 320. I'd like to replace ours but don't know if they changed the bathroom any from our 14 model to your 15. would like to see how the size change affects the space.
Thanks Dave

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Did anybody here replace the rubber/foam flange seal gasket? I need to get one for my 320, the old Sealand toilet did not have one. So far when I have researched the gasket I cannot find one made for the 320. Help

rxbristol

Did anybody here replace the rubber/foam flange seal gasket? I need to get one for my 320, the old Sealand toilet did not have one. So far when I have researched the gasket I cannot find one made for the 320. Help

If you're buying a new 320 it should come with a seal. If not, a standard seal will work.

TravelTiger

Saw this thread come up that I had posted on, previously. We bought a 320 from another owner when it would not fit his space.

Installed and love it.