Can Am Commander fit in an RW 281?

Hello all,
New member here. Looking at picking up an 2011 Road warrior RW 281. Will the larger SxS's fit with no problem? Any issues I should look at closely before buying. Much appreciated.

BLR

Hello all,
New member here. Looking at picking up an 2011 Road warrior RW 281. Will the larger SxS's fit with no problem? Any issues I should look at closely before buying. Much appreciated.
Not familiar with rw281, , however you will need around 10 ft. Also depends on if you added after market bumpers..

Lynn1130

You will need more than 10'. I looked at a CanAm before getting the Pioneer and it was too long to fit in the 10" garage. By about 5 inches. The Pioneer and the Yamaha were the only ones that I found that I thought would fit and after 35 years of Honda's I am a little partial to them anyway.

Length obviously is important but also check your head clearance. At least in my case I have to remove the lower bunks and stand them along each side before loading the Pioneer. With the bunks in I am short of clearance by about 8/9 inches. With the bunks out I have plenty of clearance. Taking them in and out is not a big deal and according to HappiJac they are working on a retro fit bunk bracket that will fold.IMG_0578.JPG

I wish I knew why the photos load sideways, but anyway you get the idea.

I did look at the 281 and it shows a 12' garage which should be fine for the CanAm. Be sure and check your allowed load weight. My Pioneer is 1235 lbs wet.

Yeah the garage is 12' according to the floor plans. So length won't be a problem. Good point on head room. I may have to remove one of the bunks. Looking at the hauler tonight. Guy is asking $xxk. Seems a little high for a 6 yr old trailer. 5
That Honda really fills up the garage. At least it works.
Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

Nope. Desk top computer. I edit them in one of my folders to be upright but they still transfer on the side.

BLR

Wow won't even allow a price to be posted...wouldn't that help a person from paying to much???

Jv75353

Hello all,
Before you purchase I suggest actually going and measuring the garage length to make sure that your SxS will fit. Our Cyclone 4000 garage is listed as being 12 foot long, but is really only 11.5 feet. I think the garage lengths listed in the floor plans are round up to the next even foot.