List threads by date..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
There are to many forums and threads to jump around and look to see what is being discussed. The New Posts is good to see what has been posted since I last viewed the forum. If I use the Quick Links I can see Todays posts. Here is what I have run into.

I normally use the New Posts to start viewing the forum. Sometimes I am on for just a few minutes to a lot longer on other ocassions. If I jump in and start looking at the treads and have to leave and can't get back for a day or so and I want to read a thread that maybe I did not finish it is almost impossible to find.

If I was reading a thread that was quite long on say Friday evening and I did not get to finish it. If I come back on say Sunday or Monday evening it is difficult to find. It may not be a new post and it is over 24hrs (today).

I would like to be able to make a selection that would allow me to view all the threads in date order or for a date range. That way I may not miss one or would be able to find one I did not finish reading.

Is this a possibility.

Thank you
BC

linuxkidd

Hey BC,
My recommendation for this is to subscribe to the thread of interest.. This will serve two functions.

1.) You can list the threads you're interested in by going to your 'Control Panel'
2.) You can get email notices when threads you are interested in have new posts.

To subscribe to a thread, scroll to the top of the thread and click on 'Thread Tools'. From there click to 'Subscribe to Thread'. On the page that follows, pick if you want to have the email notices (item #2 above), and then click 'Add Subscription'

There is one other advanced way of managing your subscriptions, and that's by creating folders for them to be in. To do this, click on 'Edit Folders' from the 'Subscribed Threads' section of the menu on the left side of the 'User CP'.

If you have any questions about any of this, feel free to ask! :)

LK