Going RV TV show

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I was watching the Going RV on channel GAC last night and two of the episodes showcased Heartland products. It was pretty cool to see.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I rhink there was three or four episodes featuring Heartland products. Gateway, Elkridge in Road Warrior. On one episode, the family ended up buying a Elkridge 37 Ultimate. On another episode the family ended up buying a Gateway 3650BH.

IronJ

I think I've seen em all...tons of heartland priducts...lots of cyclone/road warrior. I specifically remember 2 couples picking the rw 415 plan. It's cool to see others reasonings for choosing what they do...it seems kinda scripted and sometimes given the things the customer wants and their "budget" the rigs they get shown aren't the best...and I mean come on I think most are filmed at lazy days or one of the other mega unit dealerships...they got more than a few to pick from!! Lol...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

alwaysbusy

It's a show, we get it. But it makes my wife and I chuckle as it makes purchasing a coach look a whole lot simpler than it is. To a brand new person in the RV world, maybe. But if done right, there's more than just picking a dealership, looking at 3 different units, having a small convo with your spouse off to the side and then signing on the dotted line. Oh yeah, I forgot....all within 30. Again, I get it, it's a show and an enjoyable one at that. Certainly can be misleading with respect to how much research one should do in order to make the best selection for ones individual needs/wants. But the show is fun to watch.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just wish they would upgrade to HD cameras... The footage is horrible after watching High Def programs then watching that it's a big difference.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

travlingman

A dealership in Knoxville, TN was advertising if anyone would like to be on the show. The requirements were you had just bought a new rig or were in the process of buying one.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
An they always quote MSRP. If I had to buy one for MSRP I would walk away. Most of the time you get at least 10k to 20k off MSRP.

IronJ

I think it's always in 3 because of the time constraints...or maybe after 3 is when it is no longer fun and becomes work!!??.lol

I always noticed the MSRP thing right off, but on several episodes the "dealer" shows them a rig way over budget but says 'I can make it work"...."wink wink"...

Ah well...it's a show and I'm sure for many who are un initiated into the rv life it's informative and gets the diversity of what's available out there!!..

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I know . . .

I've always thought it is funny the the salesperson always show one RV that is right at budget, but doesn't the the requirements of the purchasers.

And then two that are way over budget but fits the requirements . . . and they always buy one of the over-budget ones!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know . . .

I've always thought it is funny the the salesperson always show one RV that is right at budget, but doesn't the the requirements of the purchasers.

And then two that are way over budget but fits the requirements . . . and they always buy one of the over-budget ones!

And they always have to "settle" for one that's not a perfect fit. I'd just keep looking!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Vaughn

It is always funny to me that the "Deal Breaker" is something silly. Surely they should have done their home work and should have a very good idea of what they want. But the show makes it look like the folks do not have a clue what they need. It is also strange that folks will want somethings that would crowd a 45' and they want it in a 24' rv....like a full size tub, bunk beds for 3 kids, and a king size bed and full size closets, and full basements. and a residential sized refrigerator and double sink and full counter space and theater seating and a sofa that makes into a bed......some times I think who ever scripts these shows never camped or rv'd before......Plus the responses the folks give each time they see something new cracks me up....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It is always funny to me that the "Deal Breaker" is something silly. Surely they should have done their home work and should have a very good idea of what they want. But the show makes it look like the folks do not have a clue what they need.

It is also strange that folks will want somethings that would crowd a 45' and they want it in a 24' rv....like a full size tub, bunk beds for 3 kids, and a king size bed and full size closets, and full basements. and a residential sized refrigerator and double sink and full counter space and theater seating and a sofa that makes into a bed......some times I think who ever scripts these shows never camped or rv'd before......

Plus the responses the folks give each time they see something new cracks me up....

You left out two things . . . the indoor hot tub and Olympic sized swimming pool! :p