Balance Question

BigGuy82

So I ordered an EEZTire TPMS for my 3010RE. The sensors weigh .5 oz.. Has anyone attached a .5 oz balace weight 180 degrees away from the sensor to compansate or is the .5 oz negligible?

BigGuy82

Where do they mount? I've got chrome cast aluminum wheels on the dually. Do these mount on the inside of the rim?

rxbristol

They mount between the hub and wheel. I installed my own (so it's easy). The hardest work was installing them on the dully wheels because I had never taken one off before, there is a slight trick to hold the inside dully wheel so it is not creating pressure on the outside one preventing it from coming off. I also had to cut the access hole on the rear truck wheel centramatics, for the air stem, slightly larger so I could get my hand in there for the air chuck--I just used a tin snip for that job and a metal file to get rid of any rough edges. I have steel rims with simulators so it's easier to get my hands in the access area. The aluminum rims have smaller holes. If I had aluminum rims I would install longer air stems.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
They mount between the hub and wheel. I installed my own (so it's easy). The hardest work was installing them on the dully wheels because I had never taken one off before, there is a slight trick to hold the inside dully wheel so it is not creating pressure on the outside one preventing it from coming off. I also had to cut the access hole on the rear truck wheel centramatics, for the air stem, slightly larger so I could get my hand in there for the air chuck--I just used a tin snip for that job and a metal file to get rid of any rough edges. I have steel rims with simulators so it's easier to get my hands in the access area. The aluminum rims have smaller holes. If I had aluminum rims I would install longer air stems.

So there's one on each of the steer wheels and one between the duallies, correct? Looks like something to investigate for my truck. Do you remove any lead balance weights already on the wheels?

rxbristol

So there's one on each of the steer wheels and one between the duallies, correct? Looks like something to investigate for my truck. Do you remove any lead balance weights already on the wheels?

Correct on installation. The Centramatic's literature states that if your tires are recently computer balanced to leave the weights on, otherwise remove them.

wildwolfproducts

One other thing on the Centramatic Balancers. They work even if you happen to pick up a little mud between the tires. Also they do work and make tires last longer. Some people like to try and make out these are a joke. But when trucking company's put them on 200+ tractors in there fleet. And show proof after half million miles. Of savings and longer tire life. You have proof they work.
Will be putting them on our truck and Landmark soon. Some say its $600.+ just to balance tires. But I paid $400. to have 6 tires tried and balanced last year. And that only lasted one year. This is on 19.5 tires not the standard Pickup tires that most times are easy to Balance.
Pete