1st Trip with New BC 3250 TS

Taz Devil

Today will be our 1st trip with our BC 3250 TS. This is our 1st 5er. We just got it last Wednesday and will be taking up to Tampa for the weekend. We had a TT for several years and have heard how much nicer the 5er's tow. I noticed the difference between towing the TT and the 5er right away. Much better. None

Kevin

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kevin & Celeste, Welcome to the Heartland Family. It's good to hear your 1st tow went OK. If you get a chance, post a picture of the Girls. I've never seen a Dachshund/Lab mix:).

Taz Devil

Well the trip to Tampa this past weekend went pretty good except with a couple of minor problems (I hope). The curb side slide looks to be out of sinc with the rest of the slide. It doesn't sit down at the same time as the other end of the slide. Then sat night we came to the rv to notice the ac was not running right. After a further check of the unit, I noticed it had iced up while we were gone for the evening. Turn it off and waited till the next morning to turn it back on. It ran fine with out any problems. I did notice that there is not much air flow from some of the vents. There is one that there is no air coming from it. So after the 4th of July weekend I will be taking it into the Dealer to see what can be done.

Is there anyone else that has had similar problem with their AC's.

Kevin :(

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi Kevin,
Try searching the forum for your A/C issue. There have been a number of similar problems with very good fixes. Something you may want to tackle yourself.

Congratulations on your new rig and keep us posted with your adventures.

Mark

Sidney

Air Conditioner freeze up

I am quite familiar with ac freeze ups, but not specifically for the 5th wheel. In high humidity areas if the thermostat is set too low, the ac does not cycle on and off and the moisture (frost) buildup continues to build up until the coils freeze solid. The preventive measure is to set the thermostat at a warmer setting. A quick cure is to raise the thermostat and let the blower run, thus defrosting the coils with the unrefrigerated air flow. This may take 15 minutes or more

Forrest Fetherolf

taz devil,

High humidity and lack of air movement over A/C coils = unit freeze up and no air flow through ducts. You can't control humidity, but you can control air flow. Make sure fan speed is on high and temperature control (if equipped) is turned down from high setting when humidity is high.

Forrest

SmokeyBare

Kevin,

The advice to search for A/C modifications was a good one.... Hope you discover the many good ideas that others have done to their units... many have really improved the output.

For a quick check... get a step up and open the intake side of the A/C unit.... this is the opening where the filter is located. Next using a flash light... check two things.

First look on the condenser coil... there should be a small sensor with two wires attached. This sensor is to detect when there is a freeze up... its a safety device to protect the A/C system. If it's not there... it may be laying just inside the unit... sort of laying lose. This sensor has a wire clip that is designed to slip between the fins of the condenser coil.... in the center upper half of the coil.

Next look at the metal wall that divides the intake air from the discharge air. This sheet of metal is suppose to be a seal between the intake and discharge air... there is a chance that it is down a little... seems it was held in place with double sided foam tape. I found mine was down nearly an inch... and it allowed the air to circulate inside the A/C .... that caused my unit to freeze up. I used a a metal type duct tape to seal this divider wall and also to smooth the duct work where the air flows into.

Hope this is some help... Marv

Taz Devil

Pictures for Ray

Well Ray here are some pics of the girls. Ms Cocoa is the dark one and Ms Spice is the blonde.

Kevin

00003.JPG2.JPG

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    579.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    589.3 KB · Views: 12