What brand to replace convection oven

FARMER45

Someone said things happin in threes, our convection oven stopped today. Does anyone know what will fit, I have a B H 2013. It's a frigidaire

jbeletti

Someone said things happin in threes, our convection oven stopped today. Does anyone know what will fit, I have a B H 2013. It's a frigidaire

Several have put in a GE Profile convection/micro. Yes, standard 30" width units will work. Biggest thing to consider would be height. You likely don't want one that is much taller than what you have.

Birchwood

We replaced ours with a GE microwave.My wife thinks convention ovens are silly and for people that can't really cook.....sorry

jbeletti

We replaced ours with a GE microwave.My wife thinks convention ovens are silly and for people that can't really cook.....sorry

To each their own :)

We prefer to have a convection/micro in the RV and storage where the oven would go. We can bake just fine in our convection/micro and it's not an amazing model.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We don't care for the way the HighPointe convection Microwave functions work, but it's cooking is an improvement over the Apollo Halftime/convection/microwave from our ElkRidge, so for now, we are happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VKTalley

We changed ours our for a Maytag Convection/Microwave. Like Jim Beletti said, if it's a 30" oven, any regular unit will work. Definitely measure your space!

- - - Updated - - -

I love my convection oven. I have cooked and baked many different foods, pies and cakes in it with great results. It beats lighting the gas oven. :)

B

BouseBill

GET Profile.......great unit and beats the High Point hands down.

lukeysh

Several have put in a GE Profile convection/micro. Yes, standard 30" width units will work. Biggest thing to consider would be height. You likely don't want one that is much taller than what you have.

Jim is it true that the GE exhaust doesn't mate up exactly with the vent?

pegmikef

Jim is it true that the GE exhaust doesn't mate up exactly with the vent?

Mine lines up fine, but the unit is setup for top output when it is delivered. A kit and instructions are included for changing it so it is rear output.

pegmikef

Mike do you know what model of GE you used ?

Don, The model number on the door is PVM9179SF1SS, but the one I ordered is the same number except there is no "1" after the F. Below is a link to this model. I had to buy it from Best Buy as they were the only ones that could meet the delivery date range I needed at the Big Red Barn in Carthage, MO. I bought this one because a friend of mine had recently installed one in his Big Country and recommended it. This model is available at most big box stores and you can probably get it for a hundred plus dollars less than the Best Buy price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-prof...teel/1624793.p?id=1219057461460&skuId=1624793

If you go with this one, it fits right in, but get it as far to the right as possible so there will be sufficient room for the door to open all the way. You will have to replace the back plate and drill new holes for the top screws. The instructions are very good and there is a template for the holes.

My wife never liked the OEM Hot Point, but loves this one. Since we installed this one, we only use the gas oven for overflow which is rare. They also provide a nice laminated instruction card for step by step procedures for various cooking scenarios. Good luck.

avvidclif

I got a flyer from Camping World today and they have a Dometic convection/microwave for abt $190. 1.1CF. #70165

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I got a flyer from Camping World today and they have a Dometic convection/microwave for abt $190. 1.1CF. #70165

Hmmm, based on the other "wonderful" Dometic products we speak so "fondly" about on the forum, are you sure??? :cool:

Mizmary

Has anyone replaced a regular microwave in their rig with a convection oven? We are getting ready to go to a campground where electricity is free, and propane is harder to get. Not to mention, I've pretty much (after 4 years of living in the thing) given up on getting my brownies to come out without being burned on the bottom (I've tried air bake pans, stones, the whole shebang). And I need my brownies, people! So, for christmas I'm trying to convince my DEAR hubby to put one in? I have a pretty standard over-stove kitchenaid microwave right now.

VKTalley

Has anyone replaced a regular microwave in their rig with a convection oven? We are getting ready to go to a campground where electricity is free, and propane is harder to get. Not to mention, I've pretty much (after 4 years of living in the thing) given up on getting my brownies to come out without being burned on the bottom (I've tried air bake pans, stones, the whole shebang). And I need my brownies, people! So, for christmas I'm trying to convince my DEAR hubby to put one in? I have a pretty standard over-stove kitchenaid microwave right now.

MizMary, my convection/microwave oven replaced the regular microwave that came with our rig. It was an easy switch. I love cooking in the convection side of my unit.