Supersprings vs air bags

todalake

I'm thinking of adding one or the other on my truck. I would like some feedback on whose got what and their comments. I would be especially interested on those that added them to 2500 Chevys.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
todalake,
Last year I installed Firestone RideRite airbags and have not regretted it at all. Really makes a difference when towing. Did it myself and took about 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Not bad for a guy who doesn't do a lot of vehicle work. I did not get a compressor to mount onboard. I also plumbed both bags to one air valve. Installed the air valve right next to the trailer plug on the truck. Works very nice.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Chuck Richard

Todalake,

I also istalled the Firestone Ride-rite airbags in my 2500HD. I have only taken one short trip but was impressed with the ride. I installed mine myself also and it was not bad. I used the tee to move to one fill as I did not like the idea of one line or bag leaking and pitching the truck to one side. I asked on line here and heard nothing but good things about these lifts.

beardedone

Beardedone
I had the ride rites on my last set up, Dodge 2500 & Titanium 5th. Just got back with my new Landmark and 3500 Dodge. Guess what I am putting air bags on again. The Augusta put the 3500 dually down about 5 inches (wife's washer & dryerd). They are well worth it.

air bags vs timbren

I went in to price out a set of firestone ride-rite air bags and the dealer showed me a new product he said was selling 10 to 1 over air bags . Its a hollow rubber spring that takes the place of the bumper that comes on the truck . Its easy to install , less then hour and has a life time warranty . They claim it starts to compress as soon as a load is added and gives a great ride .The trade name is timbren , their website is www.timbren.com . The price quoted was $250.00 with 1 hour installion . Has anyone heard of this or used this system ? I'm tempted to try a set but I would like to hear some feedback before I try something new ! The air bags quote was $350.00 plus 2 hours installation . Thanks for any comments you road wise people might have . 2003 chey ext. cab short box duramax 2500hd 2009 Bighorn 3600rl

osims

bsims
I had Timbrins installed on my Dodge 3500 drw when i traded in my Bighorn for the Landmark. They have performed excellent, when there is no load on the truck they are about a 1/2 inch from touching and with full load they keep the truck off of the overload springs. You don't have to mess with air or anything else between loaded and empty.
Bill

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have the Timbren's on mine ,they work as advertised , no regrets. I would check around for prices , if your handy quite easy to install . Here's the place I got mine but they were a lot cheaper when I bought mine been a couple years though. www.truckspring.com ..... Kenny

SmokeyBare

I've run Timbren's on this truck as well as my previous truck.

The fact that they have a lifetime warranty... they can't have a blow out... no lines to leak... SOLD ME on the product.

There are no holes to drill... just remove the original equipment rubber bumper on the frame above the axle and use the same mounting holes. Install according to the instructions provided...

They sure help support the load... but allow the truck to ride as it always did... when the load is off the hitch.

ChopperBill

I have air bags and in cab controller. I have a fifth wheel and a truck camper and it works great for both. For what its worth the TC crowd is going after the Super Springs big time.

I'm always amazed on the quick responses and the great information that I get to my questions ! Thanks for the info. on the timbren suspension system , I plan to put a pair on as soon as I do some shopping around for the best deal . Gene

Gary Steeves

I have had the bags for over a year and have loved them. I put the air valves inside the fuel door. When not towing, drop the pressure to about 10lbs and have no problems - however, after reading the posts on the timbren, think I will look into that. Ilike the sounds of the no-fuss with air !

Last edited:

Taz Devil

Timbrens

I put a set on my CTD Dodge and they work great. Works just as advertised with no mess or fuss of running air lines, putting air in or taking air out. I order mine from trucksprings.com with free shipping.