Tireminder for Smart Phone

Aandaar

The new smart phone system is available.

Ordered mine today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Last edited by a moderator:

Oregon_Camper

Do the actual valve steam transmitters lock on somehow? Seems like they could easily "walk off" in the hands of a bad guy. :(

porthole

Retired
looks interesting. Would need some tweaking for G-114 users. If I set my baseline at 110, the 20% increase alert will be a nuisance. Hot weather I will regularly see close to 145 psi.

Found this adapter on their website.

This could prove useful for anyone wishing to monitor a pin box air bag.

Last edited:

Mburtsvt

It looks promising. We always travel with our iPad mounted on the dash for Nav and Com functions. I will hold off until I can get the system without the tire transmitters. All ready have them. That should bring the retail down to around $149.00.

Minder Research - take note.

Mburtsvt

Do the actual valve steam transmitters lock on somehow? Seems like they could easily "walk off" in the hands of a bad guy. :(

Kind of…. they have a locking ring that needs a very small allen wrench to remove the transmitters, (valve caps). They come with the system. Kind of a pain if you need to add air.

busted2341

It doesn't say if an app will be available for use with a current system? Or is this exclusive to a new buy?

Mburtsvt

I guess tha would depend on whether the current system many of us use transmit on 433mhz.

The transmitters, (valve caps) are fine - it’s the transmitters to bluetooth conversion that is the main part of the system. The app is available for free on the stores to look at, but it’s unless until you have the rest of the hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't say if an app will be available for use with a current system? Or is this exclusive to a new buy?

You would need the additional hardware, (433mz to Bluetooth conversion).

porthole

Retired
The transmitters, (valve caps) are fine - it’s the transmitters to bluetooth conversion that is the main part of the system. The app is available for free on the stores to look at, but it’s unless until you have the rest of the hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

You would need the additional hardware, (433mz to Bluetooth conversion).

That is where the required bluetooth adapter comes in.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
This appears like a really great system! I have reached out to the company to find out if there is any possible way for their monitor to pick up a signal from other TPMS systems. My current tpms monitor is difficult at best to view or hear when driving down the road. Having the ability for a smartphone or tablet would really easy the "eye" strain.

Aandaar

looks interesting. Would need some tweaking for G-114 users. If I set my baseline at 110, the 20% increase alert will be a nuisance. Hot weather I will regularly see close to 145 psi.

Found this adapter on their website.

This could prove useful for anyone wishing to monitor a pin box air bag.

Will have to see how this works when I get the System. I also run the G-114s on my rig.

Will let you all know, should be in about a week. Then we have a 2500 mile roundtrip through AZ, UT, ID, NV, and back to San Diego. Should be a good test of the new system.

Aandaar

The new system showed up in the mail today. Below are some photos of what was in the box along with a couple of pages out of the manual about the alerts.
5ab83cab5b58244acbaf888209316b90.jpg
fb0abc17cbfaa216acbe77f5bdcba46f.jpg
ee807741439ea55cc9e8d023f4527886.jpg

Aandaar

Yeah me too. So I do have one question for the group. What is the average running temp for the G-614s. Based on what the manual says it is base at 110psi + 20% = 132psi before the alert goes off. Any have a clue on this?

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Yeah me too. So I do have one question for the group. What is the average running temp for the G-114s. Based on what the manual says it is base at 110psi + 20% = 132psi before the alert goes off. Any have a clue on this?

I have my current TPMS set at 145 psi. On hot days I will typically see close to that with G-114's set at 110 psi cold.

Aandaar

I have my current TPMS set at 145 psi. On hot days I will typically see close to that with G-114's set at 110 psi cold.

So that would mean a base setting of 120 + 20% = 145ish before alert would sound.

I am going to start with 110 base and see how it goes. I just need a ballpark for a new base if this thing is constantly alarming out.

Anyone else have a different observation?

I am also going to see if I can find manufacturers limits.