2009 Sundance 2998Rb

proudowner

formely cannotdecide
Hi all, just puchased a new 5th wheel... so excited for it to arrive on monday. For those of you with children, do you find they use the bunk room, we had looked at the surveyor which had a small table that turned into another bed, much more convenient for those rainy days... I found it so hard finding the perfect trailer, I'm hoping we will be happy with it. The bedroom in the 5th wheel is gorgeous and so big. I love the idea of the half bath as I wouldnt want company coming in my bedroom to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. How do you like the 2998 rb? Any thoughts?:D

Last edited:

frumbawa

Welcome to the forum cannotdecide,

We have an 08 2998RB and we all love it. Yes, our kids use the bunkhouse. It is their room and the nice thing is the mess stays in there. Just close the door and it all disappears. The 1/2 bath is also nice for the kids, again it is theirs. The only downside to the 1/2 bath is it's an extra tank to clean at the end of a trip. My only complaint about this particular model is the lack of kitchen counter space but it's minor to us as we do most of our cooking outside. All in all, this unit is perfect for us and we looked at many.

Good luck with your new rig.

Frank

wagenman

Proudowner, I am also a new proud owner of a 2009 2998RB. I did a ton of online and off line research about different manufacturers and after almost a year and 3 or 4 RV expos decided that the Heartland is a well build coach with the most options for the money.

I am sad to say that I have had it almost two weeks now and have not stayed one night in it yet, just real busy and bad weather here in Michigan... :(

The only thing so far that I could complain about is the lack of detail from the factory and the dealership.. probably more so on the dealership, it was filthy when we picked it up.. Saw dust still in the window frames, smudge on the ceiling (large black), and what looks like black stains on the carpet from where the main slide touch the carpet while going in and out, missing speaker cover in living room, and a hole in the wall in the back bedroom from where the door must have swung open during transport. Of course they are going to replace the panel in the coach under warranty but still just a pain in the butt....

I have also read a lot of different articles about water leaks in this coach, and so far on this site they have confirmed it... I guess that is something to pay very close attention too!!!

But when I said I was a proud owner I meant it..lol I think that the Sundance is one of the best looking coach's out there that is in this price range and like you said, the back bunkroom and bathroom is just awesome!! I can not wait till end of the month when I can finally use it...

Happy Camping...

Wagenman