Creakin Floor in front of Bedroom Closet 2013 Big Country

Donszarko

Floor in one spot by bedroom closet seems to be loose and lifting slightly. I can feel a floor screw pushing up through the carpet.
Not sure what lies beneath the carpet and wood floor.

Wondering if others have had a similar problem?

I am am thinking I will have to screw through the floor to a metal frame unless their is a dual wood floor below the carpet?

I do do not think there are wires in the way?

Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The floor should be a 3" laminated construction (plywood over Styrofoam with aluminum framing) with no wires running through it, only under it. I was under the impression that the plywood was glued to the framing, not screwed. But you can try driving a screw back into the framing, if you can locate it.

Not wanting to alarm you, but the indication that I had a front frame problem was a similar condition. A squeaking bedroom floor with a ridge at the foot of the bed. Caught it while still under warranty and had it repaired.

JohnDar

My dealer removed most of the front end and welded gusset plates to the frame, and put it back together. I have their service report in my files.

JohnDar

Not entirely sure. I mentioned the squeak to the service writer when I took it in at the end of our first summer to have the awning motor replaced. The service report reads like they dismantled the front end to weld gussets. I don't recall any mention of actual frame cracking. At the time, the trailer had only about 1000 miles on it.
I'll pull it out of my files and take a closer look at it and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donszarko

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be checking with my dealer service department . They are pretty knowledgable and accurate at diagnosing issues.

Don