Heartland, you might want to look into this

kognito

My wife and I have been shopping for a new 5th wheel that we will live in for the next few years. We have been eliminating units during the past few months by attending shows and checking out units in dealers stock.

Right now, our list has dropped to just Nu-Wa, Carriage, Excell, and Heartland. (all make great rigs) I first saw Heartland and Bighorn rigs a few weeks ago on a business trip out to Rockford IL. At the time, Heartland wasn't on our list, but I told my wife we have to check out your rigs together! I was very excited as we drove up to Wilkins RV in NY to look at a few Bighorn models.

While looking at a 3655, 3600, 3500 and 3200 (dealer had a good selection!) My wife noticed something on all four rigs that she just keeps on dwelling about when ever I mention the Heartland line.

My wife noticed that the screws that fasten the wood trim around each slideout were all protruding slightly through the wood. As you rub your hand over the wood, you could feel the point of each screw. I keep telling her things like "better too long, than too short" but she just keeps mentioning it when ever we talk about rig's plus's and minus's. (you know how women can be when they focus in on one item)

Maybe someone at the factory would like to check into this. Maybe a thicker washer is needed on the outside when these screws are installed?

In the mean time, I'll keep trying to convince my wife it wasn't such a big deal, because I really liked the layouts and features of the Heartland lines.