Toilet Replacement

mlanyi

I'm new to this forum. I've just realized my toilet appears to have come loose but now from the bottom, from the middle of the seat. Do I need to replace the entire toilet or can that portion be resealed? I appreciate any suggestions anyone may have. Happy Monday!

danemayer

Hi mlanyi,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Thetford toilets are a split construction. Assuming there's no damage to the parts that seal the two halves together, you can tighten the screws from the bottom. The toilet has to be removed to do so.

If this is a new trailer, you might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They might just send a new toilet for self install -which is pretty easy.

If you have a Dometic/Sealand toilet, I don't know that they're built the same way. If one of those is separating, you might need a new toilet.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you have a Dometic 210 toilet, it comes apart under the bowl. Pull the front shroud away (just Velcro) and you'll see a large metal band. It's like a giant hose clamp that holds the parts together. The screw mechanism is in the back of the toilet. Could be that it's come loose. If you need to replace the seals on that toilet, that's how you take it apart to get at them.

For any other model of toilet, you can find manuals either in the Tools section above or at the Dometic website.