View Full Version : EVENT: RV Show: FL, Tampa - 1/18/2017 to 1/22/2017

jbeletti
08-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Venue:
------------------------------

Florida State Fairgrounds
4800 US Highway 301 North
Tampa, FL 33610
RV Show Event Website Link (http://events.frvta.org/florida-rv-supershow/)

Details:

Event Leaders: Linda West (click to contact) (lwest3075@gmail.com) and Jim Beletti

Additional Info:
Hello Heartlanders,

It's that time again - preparations for the Florida RV SuperShow are taking place. Linda West and Jim Beletti will be coordinating the Heartland Owners Club volunteer schedule for the 2017 Florida SuperShow.

We are looking for a number of Club members to be volunteers to help staff the Club table in one of our displays at the show. If you're interested, please reply on this thread or email (lwest3075@gmail.com) Linda

2017 FLORIDA RV SUPERSHOW (show link (http://www.frvta.org/show/florida-rv-supershow/))
Location: Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 US Highway 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610
Non-Public Day (Industry Day): Tuesday, January 17, 10 am - 4 pm
Public Days: Wednesday-Saturday, January 18-21, 9 am - 6 pm
..................Sunday, January 22, 9 am to 5 pm

CAMPING AT TAMPA EAST RV RESORT

Campground Address: 4630 McIntosh Road, Dover, FL 33527
Campground Phone: 813-659-2504 (tel:813-659-2504)
Rate: $46.26per night (specify Heartland RVs block for SuperShow)

Other area camping options:
- Lazy Days Campground
- Florida State Fairgrounds: 30 amp electric only
- Florida State Fairgrounds: Boon docking

VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE
AM Shift = 9 am to 1 pm / PM Shift = 1 pm to 5 pm

Notes:
Names on Standby (list at bottom)

TUESDAY
This is Industry Day - so there is no public at the show this day, therefore no schedule for volunteers.
AM: Walter and Linda West - Setup shelter, table and banner
AM: Randy Allen - Setup shelter, table and banner

WEDNESDAY
Landmark display
AM: Walter & Linda West
AM: Steve & Patti Lester

PM: Bobby & Lisa Altizer
PM: Eric & Dorothy Van Opstal
ALL Other Units

AM:Ron and Ann Parrish
AM:Randy and Santha Allen

PMDoug and Mary Sloan
PM:Paul and Sue Alfano

THURSDAY
Landmark Display

AM: Eric & Dorothy Van Opstal
AM: James & Rhonda Brown

PM:Lisa and Bobby Altizer
PM:Steve and Patty Lester

---
All Other Units
AM:Paul and Sheila Blackford
AM:Doug and Mary Sloan

PM:Ron and Ann Parrish
PM:Randy and Santha Allen

FRIDAY
Landmark Display

AM: Eric and Dorothy Van Opstal
AM:Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck

PM:Steve and Patti Lester
PM:James and Rhonda Brown

---
All Other Units

AM:Linda and Tommy Sexton
A.M.Paul and Sue Alfano
A.M.Walter and Linda West

PM:Paul and Sheila Blackford
PM:Russ and Bonnie Shurig
PM:Phil and Linda Sirota

SATURDAY
Landmark Dispay

AM:Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck
AM: Jeff and Nora Hanna
---
PM: Walter and Linda West
PM:James and Rhonda Brown

All Other Units
AM:Phil and Linda Sirota
AM:Linda and Tommy Sexton
AM:Steve and Patti Lester

PM:Russ and Bonnie Shurig
PM: Paul and Sue Alfano
PM:Jim and Faith Palmer

SUNDAY
AM:
Walter and Linda West
Steve and Patty Lester
(Sunday PM crew will also tear the table/banner down at 5 PM)

SHOW PHOTOGRAPHER

John Faulkner - Heartland Corporate Marketing

TAMPA EAST RV RESORT SITES

Walter and Linda West
Randy and Santha Allen
James and Rhonda Brown
Doug and Mary Sloan
Eric and Dorothy Van Opstal
Paul and Sheila Blackford
Steve and Patty Lester
Ron and Ann Parrish
Linda and Tommy Sexton
Paul and Sue Alfano
Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck

VOLUNTEER DINNER
Thursday night, Heartland will host a dinner with club members who were accepted as volunteer and worked the club table at the show. Details to to be sent via email.

Dinner Headcounts:

Beletti 1
Faulkner, John (Heartland Social Media) 1
Invited guests of Jim (tbd) 2
West: 2
Allen 2
Sloan 2
Brown 2
Van Opstal 2
Blackford 2
Shurig 2
Parrish 2
Sirota 2
Lester 2
Hanna 2
Sexton 2
Wolbeck 2
Alfano 2
Palmer 2

------------------------------------------------------
34 people for the volunteer appreciation dinner

VOLUNTEER STANDBY LIST IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATIONS

Don and Cindy Gilbertemailed no response
Faith and Jim Palmer emailed no response

SHOW LAYOUT
Landmark (6 floor plans) will be shown indoors in the Special Events Center Building in plot 480. General RV will be representing Landmark. Here's an image that shows where this building and plot 480 are located:

All other Heartland brands being shown will be in a single, large outdoor plot - 815-820-825. This plot will be split between Camping World (23 units: Bighorn, Bighorn Traveler, Pioneer and Mallard) and Lazy Days (30 units: Big Country, Cyclone, Gateway, Elkridge, North Trail and Torque). Here's an image that shows where plot 815-820-825 is located:

DougS
08-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Doug and Mary Sloan will be there, Linda W contacted. Looking for Wednesday am and Thursday am. We will contact Tampa East for RV site.

klindgren
08-17-2016, 06:08 AM
PM'ed Linda today. Carol and I can help out on either Saturday or Sunday if needed. We are wintering nearby in Bradenton so we will help out where needed.

lindaw
08-17-2016, 08:02 AM
PM'ed Linda today. Carol and I can help out on either Saturday or Sunday if needed. We are wintering nearby in Bradenton so we will help out where needed.
Keith I did not get your P.M., would Saturday A.M work for you and Carol.
Linda

plshilo
08-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Hey Jim/Linda,
Linda & Phil Sirota will be at the show, I have sent Linda a PM and would be able to work Saturday Morning. Also we will be staying on the fair grounds. Can you let us where the dinner is going to be...................

- - - Updated - - -

Flying Dutchman
08-17-2016, 09:34 PM
Hi Jim and Linda, be glad to volunteer at the Tampa show, as we should be very "safe" as far as buying a new rig. I will PM Linda, but will throw hat in for Wednesday PM, and Thursday AM. We will also contact Tampa East to secure a reservation and will let you know.

usnaviator
08-17-2016, 09:58 PM
Jim/Linda - Sounds like fun. Sheila and I would love to participate. We prefer Thursday and Friday AM if slots are open.

klindgren
08-18-2016, 05:38 AM
Linda
Linda, I misspoke. Carol and I do not return from our cruise until Saturday morning the 21st. I have to recind my offer to help out. Sorry:(:o

lindaw
08-18-2016, 08:30 AM
Hi Jim and Linda, be glad to volunteer at the Tampa show, as we should be very "safe" as far as buying a new rig. I will PM Linda, but will throw hat in for Wednesday PM, and Thursday AM. We will also contact Tampa East to secure a reservation and will let you know.Thanks Eric I will put you on list those days. Speak to Gloria at Tampa East.
Linda

lindaw
08-18-2016, 08:34 AM
Jim/Linda - Sounds like fun. Sheila and I would love to participate. We prefer Thursday and Friday AM if slots are open.
Could you do Thursday. P.M. And Friday A.M.?
Linda

usnaviator
08-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Sure Linda, that would be fine.

Buster537
08-18-2016, 10:32 AM
Jim/Walter & Linda,
Made the reservation for Tampa East. See you have us down for Thursday am and Friday am. Thanks

BighornELK
08-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Russ and Bonnie Schurig are available for both Friday and Saturday PM.

Toccoatravelers
08-19-2016, 06:35 AM
Count us in Linda and Jim, we should have a lot more flexibility this year!

lindaw
08-19-2016, 08:10 AM
Thanks Bonnie and Russ I will put you down, will you be staying at Tampa East?
Linda

lindaw
08-19-2016, 08:11 AM
Count us in Linda and Jim, we should have a lot more flexibility this year! Thanks I will add you to list.
Linda

Bobby A
08-19-2016, 09:14 AM
Hi Jim,
Just seen this thread, I could be available for PM shifts except for Saturday, prefer Wednesday and Thursday or Friday

usnaviator
08-19-2016, 09:28 AM
Could you do Thursday. P.M. And Friday A.M.?
Linda
Linda - Noticed you have us down for Thursday p.m. and Friday a.m., that works perfectly. Just made reservations with Tampa east.

lindaw
08-19-2016, 09:46 AM
Hi Jim,
Just seen this thread, I could be available for PM shifts except for Saturday, prefer Wednesday and Thursday or FridayBobby I will put you down for
Wed. and Thur.P.M if that is good for you, thanks.
Linda

Jeff_Nora_Hanna
08-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Hey Linda,
Put Nora and me down for Saturday AM.

Bobby A
08-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Bobby I will put you down for
Wed. and Thur.P.M if that is good for you, thanks.
Linda

That's PERFECT !!

BighornELK
08-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Thanks Bonnie and Russ I will put you down, will you be staying at Tampa East?
Linda
We live about 20 minutes north of the fair grounds so I'm not sure. I'll check with the boss!!!!!

lindaw
08-20-2016, 06:49 AM
Hey Linda,
Put Nora and I down for Saturday AM.Got you on the list.
Linda

navyAZ1
08-21-2016, 08:32 AM
Hi Linda, I see you don't have us on the list for campsites, I made our reservation a while ago to arrive on the 9th, and leave on the 23rd. I called Gloria at Tampa East and she said she has put us in with the rest of the Heartland group, but I don't know what site number.

lindaw
08-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Hi Linda, I see you don't have us on the list for campsites, I made our reservation a while ago to arrive on the 9th, and leave on the 23rd. I called Gloria at Tampa East and she said she has put us in with the rest of the Heartland group, but I don't know what site number.
I have added you to the list now, sorry I knew that.
Linda

ljsexton
08-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Linda, after talking with you this morning, I have made reservations at the campground for the week. We are set to work Friday and Saturday afternoons. Have never been to the Tampa RV Supershow so looking forward to checking it all out. Will see you in a couple of weeks in GA.

kwolbeck
11-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Guess I should make note of it here that we have a spot at Tampa East, now we can be added to the list on page 1. Will be there from 16-22 Jan, rolling out 23 Jan.

Thanks,
Kevin

klindgren
11-22-2016, 06:14 AM
Linda

Linda, I just now saw this. Do you still need help on Saturday morning? We will be there if you do.

lindaw
11-26-2016, 07:25 AM
Linda, I just now saw this. Do you still need help on Saturday morning? We will be there if you do.Thanks Keith but we are good but if your coming to show stop in and see us.
Linda

navyAZ1
12-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Hi There Linda, I was just looking at the map for the RV Show and it would appear that Heartland will only have one display area this year, plus the Landmark display located in the Special Events Bldg. My question is, will we have the Owners Club tent setup at the main display, or the Landmark display?

jbeletti
12-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Hi There Linda, I was just looking at the map for the RV Show and it would appear that Heartland will only have one display area this year, plus the Landmark display located in the Special Events Bldg. My question is, will we have the Owners Club tent setup at the main display, or the Landmark display?

Hi Ron,

Heartland will have 2 displays in 2017. Landmark will be indoors in the Special Events Center building and there will be a very large display outdoors with most of our other brands. I've put up some info on this in post number 1.

At this time, Linda and I plan to have a club presence in the Landmark display and a larger club presence in the outdoor display. Linda will work out the details and those who are on the volunteer list will be notified where to report.

lindaw
12-30-2016, 09:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I have made changes to the schedule in Post #1 and will add to it as I hear from additional Volunteers.
Linda

plshilo
12-30-2016, 10:18 AM
Hey Linda,
Since this going to be our First time with Heartland at the show......where is the Thursday dinner going be?????

lindaw
12-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Hey Linda,
Since this going to be our First time with Heartland at the show......where is the Thursday dinner going be????? It will be Thursday evening at the macaroni grill and you will receive an email with all the info including address.
Linda

DCG1986
01-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I have made changes to the schedule in Post #1 and will add to it as I hear from additional Volunteers.
Linda

Linda,

I sent a message to you yesterday. Sorry that we did not respond earlier. We can help out whenever you need us, just let us know.

lindaw
01-22-2017, 07:21 AM
Good Morning,
I would like to thank all of the volunteers
who came out and helped us at the Tampa
RV show. Great Job.
Walter and Linda West

plshilo
01-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Good Morning,
RV show. Great Job.
Walter and Linda West
We had a Great Time for the First Heartland Show.....Evenyone have Safe Travels.

Diamondjim
01-22-2017, 10:07 AM
VERY interesting time yesterday. Job One.....pointing out sales associates for folks seeking help. Job Two....knowing better than some sales associates where the units were located on the site. Job Three (for Bonnie Shurig)..... helping close the deal(s) for the sales associates in the Big Horns!

Long day, but enjoyable, all the way around.

Thank you Linda for all your (and Jim's) hard work. The lady at the Registration Trailer said: "You need to give Heartland rep a pat on the head for being so well organized!" (of course that was WHEN we finally found that trailer) Getting off I-4 was a tedious feat in and of its self!:rolleyes:

BighornELK
01-22-2017, 11:19 AM
Thank you, Jim for the kind words! It's easy to help folks join the Heartland Family when you love the brand!!! We had a great time with all the Heartland Owners Club folks! It was wonderful to see everyone again and meet others in the club! Great bunch of people!!! Still lookin' for some Bruchetta???!!!!

Happy Travels All,

Bonnie & Russ Schurig

DougS
01-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Another great RV Show. It's fun talking up the brand that we all love. Thanks Linda and Walter and Jim.

jbeletti
01-22-2017, 04:16 PM
Thank you Linda (and Walter) West for coordinating the volunteer schedule. You're the best!

Thank you to nearly 34 volunteers that gave of their time and their knowledge, spending a day or two or three at the show to help prospective buyers find their next RV! On behalf of myself and Heartland RVs - thank you very much!

Hope to see many of you again next year in Tampa and until then, see you down the road!

Buster537
01-22-2017, 05:03 PM
Thanks Walter, Linda, and Jim!!! Our first show and we had a fantastic time.

ALF
01-22-2017, 08:05 PM
Good Morning,
RV show. Great Job.
Walter and Linda West

A big Thank you goes out to Linda and Walter for organizing the event! Great job! Thanks to Jim too!
Thank you to Nelly for muffins and cookies! And another thank you to Randy and Santha for their hospitality! :o It was great seeing all our heartland friends again!
Glad we left early....missed most of the storms to make it home safely.
We hope everyone has safe travels!