Rear Door Leaking

TX_Clay

I pulled my CY3010 through the first rain storm that I can recall since owning the RV. (Bought in Oct 2014) When we arrived at our destination, I lowered the rear door and noticed what looked like water streaks down the inside to the base of the ramp. When I ran my finger across the base area, it came up very wet. By the way the streaks are, It is coming in at the top and then down the inside of the door. The seals look to be in place. Suggestions how to check the fitting of the door to see how well it is sealing?

hboy1

I've noticed daylight when inside the garage looking around the closed ramp door. It's definitely not a tight fit (likely by design). I'm looking at a specs sheet from Lippert on the rear door. General specs say door clearance is 3/8'' on sides and top, and 1/4'' on the bottom.

While driving through rain can be tough to duplicate at any given time, I would see if your door passes the eye test, and take measurements to see if any unusual gaps are present between the ramp door and rough door opening. I'm planning on installing some light weatherstripping more so to eliminate any draft from gaps in the door opening. Not a great water proofer for your situation I know...

ndmac

Similar problem, mine was the Latch bars. They were not allowing the top and or bottom to push in tight on the door.
Heartland sent me new ones and problem solved.

porthole

Retired
I'm looking at a specs sheet from Lippert on the rear door. General specs say door clearance is 3/8'' on sides and top, and 1/4'' on the bottom.

Can you scan that sheet and post it?

I'd like to see it and then forward it to Heartland so they can actually install the ramp correctly.