Louisiana Flooding

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have been asked quite a few times if we were ok with all the flooding going on here in south Louisiana. We dodged the worst of it which happened an hour and 2 hours east of us. We do have a couple active HOC members in the area, 1 down in new Iberia and 2 in the Baton Rouge area. One of the two in the Baton Rouge area is a firefighter I believe. I appreciate the concern but please pray for the people of Baton Rouge area, last count there were over 40,000 homes destroyed due to flooding and unfortunately there have been 8 lives lost. I also want to share the below linked story about how us folks down here take care of each other.

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=9910

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for the info Andy, we've been thinking of our Heartlanders down that way. Prayers for all affected.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I just talked to David G. in New Iberia and they are fine. Many in the area are having to evacuate but not him.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Glad you're OK. If needed, you can always strap on a set of pontoons and row that Big Country up on our way.

jassson007

I just talked to David G. in New Iberia and they are fine. Many in the area are having to evacuate but not him.

Good deal. I assume you saw jeffdee's post? He was main one I was worried about.

davidg

Yes, it's all good here, we did get thirteen and one half inch of light to heavy rain giving it time to drain. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected.

Thanks for asking,
David g

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Prayers to all of those affected!

We had our floods here in Colorado almost three years ago . . .

We were camping up in the Poudre Canyon (was the center of the rain storms) and came home the day before the rain started, and were lucky enough that our house is on high ground so we didn't have any problems.

Almost three years later they are still fixings stuff from the Colorado floods . . .

Nbomar

Just got here for 3 days of cleanup. 13 hour drive down today. Hope we can make a difference.

jassson007

Just got here for 3 days of cleanup. 13 hour drive down today. Hope we can make a difference.

Where are you at? Baton Rouge area?

jassson007

We are cleaning houses in denham springs.

Awesome. Just talked to a friend in Hammond who was able to get their place cleaned out by last Monday. How long are you in the area?

Nbomar

We leave tomorrow or Monday morning. We are trying to finish the one house we are in. Completely clean it out and strip the floors and walls. This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.