Bumper Bike Rack Mount?

We own a North Trail 31 bhd travel trailer. We would like to mount a bike rack however, there is no bumper to do so... any suggestions? Thanks.

CampingJunkie

I am sure something could be fabricated. But you may want to wait until your warranty expires. I believe you may void the warranty on the frame if you alter it.

Johnp322

I just received my newest catalog from camping world and I saw a perfect bike rake that can be installed on the back of our campers. Its made from Thule runs about $800 installed. They do suggest that you get it professional installed, but I think it would solve many issues on getting a bike rake on the trailers check it out and let me know what you think.
john

Will this unit void any warranty

Doesn't seem any different than adding a ladder. Actually I was thinking of adding the optional ladder also.
I have been looking for a solution for hauling 4 bikes this get me close.

42116nBIKES.jpg
42117nLifestyle2.jpg

Thule

Heard on the Northtrail forum that Thule will not sell the rails needed to install these racks. They require a additional backing plate that is installed by the manufacture they have contracted with and Heartland is not on of those manufacture. The ladder however has a direct mount available. You can put two bikes on the ladder. :cool:

That was false info I recieved on the Northtrail Forum, here is my install
100_2550.jpg

Last edited:

kampfirekid

My Heartland dealer fabricated and installed a rear receiver for our bike rack while our 31BHD was (actually still is) in the shop for warranty repairs. They guaranteed us it would not void the warranty. So far, the dealership has been good and gives us no reason to doubt them. Now, I still can't wait to see what they built and installed when we pick the trailer up.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We were fortunate enough to have purchased one of the first North Trails off the line. They had a 4" steel bumper installed instead of the flush mount ones. This has allowed us to put on a spare tire carrier and we ordered a 2" receiver hitch for our Thule bike rack. We are going to install in the Spring.

Attachments

• NT4.jpg
    NT4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 35
  • NT5.jpg
    NT5.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 35