What are the USB ports used for in Prowler Lynx?

Kccator21

I've plugged my iPhone into these ports. All they see to do is override my Boss stereo. I can't get it to play music or anything. I'm just trying to figure out their purpose. Thanks for any advice.

danemayer

Hi Kccator21,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I assume this USB connector is on the front panel of your Boss stereo. It should play from the USB device automatically. But I have seen situations where Apple devices weren't compatible with every cable and every audio device - I could never get my Apple stuff to work with my Panasonic sound system. If you have a USB Flash Drive with music loaded, you might try that.

Kccator21

Thanks for the info. The USB's are actually separate from the stereo. They are located below the tv shelf, and just above the electrical outlet. Good point on not being compatible with Apple products. I'll try something else. If I knew how to post pictures I would. All new to this. Thanks y'all.

Oregon_Camper

I've plugged my iPhone into these ports. All they see to do is override my Boss stereo. I can't get it to play music or anything. I'm just trying to figure out their purpose. Thanks for any advice.

What happens when "they override your Bose stereo"? Is the stereo switching over to USB input? Are you playing music on the phone when you connect to the USB port?