2nd A/C in Big Horn

navyAZ1

Got a question, I was told by some other Big Horn owners at the 08 Rally that they believe the bedroom of our 3055RL is pre-wired for the 2nd A/C unit. Does anyone know that this is a fact? If it is my son and I will install the 2nd A/C ourselves. Miss Ann and I have now sold our home and will be starting our full-timing late July and we want that 2nd A/C unit if we are going to stay in the BH that much.:rolleyes:

ChopperBill

The wiring was an option on ours. Not sure on the new versions. I would sure look at the build list or look to see if you have the second circuit breaker for the A/C.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
On our 2008 3400RL wiring and bracing were an option. Take out the four screws that hold the inside fan shroud in place, drop it down and take a look. You should see doubled up rafters and a 110 volt cable terminated in a plastic box. If you see this stuff your good to go. I installed mine just before the rally. The wife and I love the extra cooling. The hardest part was removing the caulking.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The wiring and framing are listed on the website as an option. If you didn't order the second A/C, I doubt the wiring and framing are in your unit...contact Heartland to be sure.

Tankie

We ordered a 09 3670RL due to arrive in a week, 2nd ac was a option. If you get the fantasic fan you can not have the 2nd ac, one or the other. If you are looking at a lot model keep that in mind if you want 2nd ac.

navyAZ1

The wiring and framing are listed on the website as an option. If you didn't order the second A/C, I doubt the wiring and framing are in your unit...contact Heartland to be sure.

Ours is a 2008 but we didn't order it we bought it off the lot so it probably isn't there, YUK I hate fishing wires.

Wooooo Hooooo, I just checked the breaker panel and there is a breaker there (20amp) that is labeled "front A/C" and I removed the cover on the vent fan in the bedroom and what did I find but the plastic junction box sitting there waiting for me to hook it up. Well I guess I now have a project. Thanks All:D

lamontagne

We have an 08 3055 and had a 2nd air installed and all the wiring was in, and the wiring for the thermostat was tucked away above light switch which make it vary easy to operate. My wife likes it instead of manually turning the unit on and off.

Cindy N Arthur

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You can either call Heartland or your dealer to find out if it's wired for the 2nd a/c. If you special ordered the unit and didn't order that option, it probably isn't. If the dealer had it on the lot, he would know the options it has. We ordered ours with the fantastic fan AND the wire and brace for 2nd a/c. The breaker does not come with that option (at least our didn't) and must be added when the 2nd a/c is installed.