Alternatives to permanently mounted washers / dryers....? Free beer

Sarge

ALCON:

We've decided against permanently mounted washer / dryer since we'll lose too much space in the garage of our 362RW.

Anyone have suggestions for portable units (maybe washer only w/clothes line) - For extended trips boondocking?

Typically only used for bedding. If you know how much 225lbs worth of German Shepards shed - You'll understand the boss's (wife) request...

Thanx, Sarge

porthole

Retired
Almost every campground we have been in has a restriction on clothes lines, probably for good reason.
Our toy hauler has a combo in the front closet. We do lose the closet space, but having the W/D more then makes up for it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Almost every campground we have been in has a restriction on clothes lines, probably for good reason.
Our toy hauler has a combo in the front closet. We do lose the closet space, but having the W/D more then makes up for it.

I agree, a combo takes up less space. But if you want to wash large pet bedding, it may not be large enough. Check the capacity of these RV washers. They are smaller than residential units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farside291

Try searching Table top washer/dryer. Many to choose from. How do they work...no idea! But, its an option and there very inexpensive. Also, I have heard of people microwaving their clothes to dry them. Never tried it though.

ksucats

We bought the Splendide stackable set a couple of months back. We can wash a set of king sheets and that is pretty much it for bedding. Our comforter is too large. Regular clothing has not been a problem though for either washer or dryer.

I noticed that a comment was made about pet bedding. In the past year I seen several campgrounds where they have posted not to wash pet bedding in their washers. These could have been posted before but this past year that we've actually done any longer trips with our two larger dogs (and one much smaller one :angel: the boss you know ...). So probably a little more sensitized to see those signs now. Finally, 225 pounds of German Shepherds. You need the toy hauler just for their munchies LOL.

Sarge

I'm a grunt so I don't care - Best advice to the boss / wife might be to haul extra dog bedding until we return.

Yes...?

Sarge

mlpeloquin

A lot of RV camp grounds have a NO PET HAIR allowed in their washers and dryers. Not all do, but we have seen several while traveling across the country. Seems they get clogged by it. Don't know how they can enforce it though. Must have pet hair police patrol! That is just one reason among others we installed a Splendid combo unit. We have two Boston Terriers so volume is not a problem nor is the hair a problem with the Splendid unit.

Kath

Has anyone installed household washer/dryer in their RV? We are looking at GE 3.8 cu ft washer and matching dryer.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We installed Whirlpool “apartment size” washer and dryer in our Landmark. The dryer needs to use 110 volts. Most standard home dyers use 240 volts.