Bighorn - POCKET DOOR

Philp55

2008 Bighorn 3100RL Can anyone tell me what HEARTLAND used to stop the pocket door at the top of the stairs, from sliding back into the pocket? No stop on mine and it sometimes 6" back in the pocket.

Thanks for the help

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's very high-tech. They partially drive a screw into the track so the rear guide hits it. Just looked at mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garypowell

When we had a pocket door on our 3055 I ended up drilling a hole through the front casing and door and inserted a pin to hold it in place while we traveled.

I lost my my screw too and it would jump the track.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
You could remove the pocket door and add a bumper to the rear of it, re-install the door and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

JohnDar

You could remove the pocket door and add a bumper to the rear of it, re-install the door and you should be good to go.

Depending on what's in the back of the pocket, you don't want the door smacking hard back there. In mine, the vent for the black tank is in there. Without the stop screw, the door will smack into it. Getting your hand and a tool back in there to install a stop screw may be a real problem.

Philp55

Got it fixed. I built a wooden block that fit the inside of the track. Put a wood screw through either side and it's done. Well it took a little longer than that. Take the door off, mark the pocket side of the track for the door stop reference, remove the track (not an easy job). Put it all together in my shop, make sure the door opened and the block stopped correctly. Now the harder part, putting it back together. Once done it all worked well. RV Will by long gone before this pocket door gets out of control again.
Thanks for all the input

JohnDar

Ya gotta be handy if you have one of these rigs. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk