Wired For 2nd Ac

rjr6150

Hi we have the 3400RL as noted below is ours wired for the 2nd AC. Last few times out its been really warm in the bedroom area

Thanks

Uncle Rog

I would check with HL on the wiring, if you are in Colorado I would try the "tent in the vent" by timk first. We are in the desert a lot and one of the first things we did was add the second unit, wiring was as advertised..........

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Check you circuit breaker box. My understanding is that if you have a 20 amp circuit breaker, in the box, labeled as front A/C you should have the wiring and be able to install an A/C unit.
Fred

Are there installation instructions for the second AC add on? What type of unit is it pre-wired and framed for? New BH 3580RL owner here.

jbeletti

Kenny,

The 110 VAC wiring and I believe thermostat wiring are stubbed into the roof cavity near the vent where the AC would be installed.

Instructions for installing the AC will come with the AC. Dometic is the brand used by Heartland and many other manufacturers. Some owners have installed Carrier units in this location as well.

I believe the opening is framed out to 14"x14". To my knowledge, all roof mounted RV ACs require this opening. The opening is also reinforced for the weight of the AC with the bowed roof trusses being doubled up fore and aft of the opening, then boxed around the opening.

Your dealer or any service center can install the second AC in about an hour and many owners have installed their own.

Have fun and happy camping.

Jim