• Pet Fee: none
  • Park Rules are Attached Below
  • Wi-Fi: Yes (hotspot)
  • Wi-Fi Fee: Yes

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 20
  • Register by end of day 3/1/2017
  • Site fee: $60 per night including tax (Stay 7 nights and get the 7th night free)
  • Club Member Event fee: TBD
  • Non-Club Member fee: 20 plus TBD
  • Potluck: No
  • In lieu of a potluck, we will be having a Lake Erie Perch Fry. Details still emerging

1280px-Perrys_Monument_2012.jpgMonAmi.jpglakeerieperch.jpg

Additional Info:

The "can't miss" Rally event of the summer. Connie and I are proud to showcase what we think is one of the best hidden gems of Ohio -- the Lake Erie Shores and Islands.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY TO NOT GET SHUT OUT!

There will be someone at the park through the winter. When calling the park, make sure you mention you're with the Ohio Heartland Group.

Members that are not considered immediate members of your household are more than welcome. However, we would hope that you strongly consider a donation.

A tentative schedule is attached, let me provide some highlights below

• Our Rally will begin on Wednesday, August 16th with our ice cream social at 4p. Feel free to arrive on Thursday or Friday if that's all your schedule will allow. Optional dinner out then a social campfire.
  • On Thursday, we will have a group rate (with a minimum of 20 people) of $12 round trip for the Miller Ferry and on to Put-In-Bay on South Bass Island. We will have golf carts reserved once we arrive on the island. Each cart is $12/hour or $75 all day for the 4 person cart or $85 all day for the 6 person cart. Connie and I will lead our own personal tour of the island which will end at Perry's Monument. Following the tour, you will be free to eat, do some shopping, have an adult beverage, see some of the many attractions, listen to live entertainment, etc. The last ferry leaves the island at 7:00p (runs every half hour)
  • On Friday, you will want to experience the many, many attractions of the area. That evening, we will have an optional dinner tentatively scheduled at Mon Ami Winery one of the many fine wineries in the area. For those of you with children who would rather not do the winery, or for the children at heart, we will be a short drive away from Cedar Point, the Roller Coaster Capital of the World.
  • On Saturday, we'll have a pancake breakfast, then more time for you to explore the many, many attractions of the area. To conclude, we are going to have a Lake Erie Perch Fry at the park. Please don't call it a "fish fry". It's Lake Erie Perch. There's a difference. :rolleyes:

We hope you'll make time in your summer schedule to visit one of the best places in the state of Ohio.

Attendees:

1. Bob & Connie (simsfmly), #2319, Site #648 (Ohio Chapter Leaders)
  2. Keith & Kim (kbvols) #2351, Site #656
  3. Mike & Justina (Mike-n-Justina) #2331, Site #651
  4. Don & Cindy (DCG1986) #2757, Site #652
  5. Sniper & Sweet P (Sniper) #1371, Site #426
  6. Pam & Lyle (PALTeam) #2291, (Indiana Chapter Leaders) Site #650
  7. John & Patti (jnbhobe) #1025, Site #424
  8. Mark & Linda (mrcomer) #1007, Site #425
  9. John & Melinda (JJC) #2582, Site #45
  10. Harold and Mollie (Harold_On) #1793, Site #156
  11. Bob (TXBobcat) #1081, Site #140

Attachments

• site_map_large_2016.jpg
    site_map_large_2016.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Transient_Park_Rules_2016.pdf
    97.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 2017 Fall Rally Schedule.docx
    255.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
We're up and running! Please, please, please reserve early! It's fully refundable, so make your reservations if you're on the fence.

Kbvols

Port Clinton....South Bass Island...Put-In-bay hmmm .... we're in and we'll bring that nice Orange canopy

Mike-n-Justina

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OH, Port Clinton - 8/16/2017 to 8/20/2017

Count us in Bob. We have stayed at this park before. Nice park and close to the ferry.

simsfmly

Port Clinton....South Bass Island...Put-In-bay hmmm .... we're in and we'll bring that nice Orange canopy

Connie and I CAN'T WAIT to party with you guys on the island. Get your reservation in early (not like putting up that canopy. :p)

- - - Updated - - -

Count us in Bob. We have stayed at this park before. Nice park and close to the ferry.

Went over there today to do a site inspection and talk with the management. We're really excited. Get your reservation in early.

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
Bob and Connie,

We have made our reservation for next year's Rally. Arriving 8/16 leaving 8/21. We are on site 652. We are also bringing our boat. Looking forward to the Rally. Have a great winter and safe travels.

simsfmly

Bob and Connie,

We have made our reservation for next year's Rally. Arriving 8/16 leaving 8/21. We are on site 652. We are also bringing our boat. Looking forward to the Rally. Have a great winter and safe travels.

Spectacular! Thanks so much for making our Rally a part of your plans.

kkamshop

We won't be able to make this one, already have plans for that weekend :( But it looks like a fabulous location!

Mike-n-Justina

Bob and Connie,
Just made our reservation. We are on site 651. Arrival date is 8/16/2017 Checkout date is 8/20/2017. This sounds like it will be a great rally.
Reserve your site fellow Heartlanders for an awesome good time.

diesel_doberman

Lynette, Greyson and I are reserved! Site 653! We are arriving on the 17th. Easier for Lynn to get two days than three. May change that to arrive on the 16th. I'll bring my SMOKER!!!

simsfmly

We won't be able to make this one, already have plans for that weekend :( But it looks like a fabulous location!

Hope to see you and Kathy on the road somewhere next summer. Have a great weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Lynette, Greyson and I are reserved! Site 653! We are arriving on the 17th. Easier for Lynn to get two days than three. May change that to arrive on the 16th. I'll bring my SMOKER!!!

Great news! Not sure when we're going to have time to smoke anything, but we'll see! Have a great winter.

Sniper

The Commander and I have reservations. Arrive the 16th depart the 20th, site 426. We are not 100% sure we can make it so we got an end site so we wouldn't split up the party in case we can't make it, and have to cancel. :)

simsfmly

The Commander and I have reservations. Arrive the 16th depart the 20th, site 426. We are not 100% sure we can make it so we got an end site so we wouldn't split up the party in case we can't make it, and have to cancel. :)

Great! Hope everything works out so you can be there. Some WONDERFUL bike opportunities around this area.

simsfmly

Awesome! Thanks so much for registering early!

I think we're showing the management that we're serious about this "rally" thing.

diesel_doberman

Lynette family is from this area. Never had lake perch till her mother cracker crusted and fried it. WOW!!! So good! I can try and pull some string for a fishing trip if anyone would be interested.

mbesanceney

New York Chapter Leaders-Retired
ok bob we are going to give it another shot put us down let's see if we can make it with all the wheels on this time lol. we will be making the reservations right after the holidays we will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.