Hanex Counter Tops - Cleaning

jbeletti

Thanks for the link CJ/JD. Now I know what I need to do to get some deeper scratches out.

By the way, careful with setting the sink cut-outs on the counter. the bottoms of my cut-outs are not polished. As such, they are a bit rough and probably not good to slide across the counters. Still not sure how I got my scratches but this could be it.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Not having cutouts for our sink (granite) I do not know the whole situation but I would think one could glue some pieces of rubber or similar material to the unfinished side of the cutouts thus eliminating the scratches. Just a suggestion.

Bobby A

Does anyone know is it safe to use a crock pot, electric skillet and roaster without damaging the counter tops.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Does anyone know is it safe to use a crock pot, electric skillet and roaster without damaging the counter tops.

Got a toaster oven from a friend at last year's Heartland Rally - (Oldlthrneck and his girl) - and I use a crock pot frequently...haven't noticed any problems at all! :)

jimtoo

We have it in our 08 3055,,, wife uses a elec skillet, Foreman grille, and crockpot... have not had a problem or see one..

Jim M

boatdoc

How long has Heartland been useing this product and would it be in our 09' 3670 Bighorn? I ask this before I have at it with the green Scotch brite. Thanks

jbeletti

We switched from Corian to Hanex about 2 years ago. Similar properties as I understand it.

Read more about Hanex care here.

Care & Maintenance

People want Hanex® for the beauty, but they soon fall in love with its unique characteristics.
Everyday Cleaning

• Wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge soaked in water
  • Basic stains: Clean with mild detergents or general all purpose cleaners
  • Periodically go over entire surface with a mild abrasive cleanser or a wet Scotch Brite™ pad to maintain a uniform appearance.
Heat Damage

The innate feature of Hanex® gives it excellent heat resistant properties compared to other surfacing materials in the market, however, to prevent any damages from heat, never place hot items directly on Hanex. Always use trivets with rubber feet when placing hot items on the countertop. Remember, placing hot pans or heat-generating appliances directly on Hanex® may cause damages to your countertop. Avoid direct and indirect heat reaching temperatures of 80oC (170oF) or above.
Chemical Damages

Avoid strong chemicals that can cause damages to your surface such as oven cleaners, acetone, paint removers, and other strong chemicals. If exposed, promptly flush with water. Remember, prolonged contact with harsh chemicals can cause serious damage to your countertop.
Simple steps to avoid damage

• Avoid cutting directly on Hanex, always use a cutting board.
  • Never place hot pans directly on the countertop. Even though Hanex® can withstand temperatures up to 350F, prolonged periods or extreme heat could cause permanent damage.
  • Strong acids, such as those found in drain cleaners should be flushed with water immediately. Some of these items, when left on surface may cause whitening, which can be difficult to remove.
Removing Persistent Stains, Scratches and Burns

• To remove persistent stains, cigarette burns or scratches: Scrub the stained area with a mild abrasive cleanser using green Scotch Brite™ pad.
  • Deep scratches can be eliminated by carefully sanding down the damaged area with a 120 grit sandpaper, followed by a 220 grit, finishing with a 320 grit sandpaper. Finish by lightly rubbing the surface with a wet, green Scotch Brite™ pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. Note: different methods can be used depending on the finish.
  • For deep scratches and/or other damages which may require an expert repair, please contact your Authorized Hanex® Repair Agent or Certified Hanex® Fabricator.

Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
How about rubbing compound and an orbital?

My counters are getting a little dull.

irvin56

Our built date was Dec.07

How do you know what is used in unit 31QBS North Trail Bumper pull Trailer,

I don't piggy back no one or nothing elseNone

navyAZ1

Having retired from the commercial cabinet field I can tell you that you need to guard against anything hot on these solid surface counter tops. Most appliances are designed to have an air space between the bottom of the appliance and the counter top which normally will be sufficiant. However, I always suggest that you use some sort of heat protection between the appliance and the solid surface top as continued use of these appliances in the same area of the counter top will over time begin to affect the solid surface material.

As to scratches and the like in this material if anyone who is interested in fixing them and you will be at the Rally this year come see me and I'll give you a quick lesson on how to handle these.:D

buckeyebob

counter tops

i have corion countertops in my house and they are 5 years old.i have heard that a scotchguard pad will remove scrathes ,but which color pad or how to use it correctly wet or dry etc.any help would be apprectated thyanks buckeyebob

lwmcguir

We switched from Corian to Hanex about 2 years ago. Similar properties as I understand it.

Read more about Hanex care here.

Care & Maintenance

People want Hanex® for the beauty, but they soon fall in love with its unique characteristics.
Everyday Cleaning

• Wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge soaked in water
  • Basic stains: Clean with mild detergents or general all purpose cleaners
  • Periodically go over entire surface with a mild abrasive cleanser or a wet Scotch Brite™ pad to maintain a uniform appearance.
Heat Damage

The innate feature of Hanex® gives it excellent heat resistant properties compared to other surfacing materials in the market, however, to prevent any damages from heat, never place hot items directly on Hanex. Always use trivets with rubber feet when placing hot items on the countertop. Remember, placing hot pans or heat-generating appliances directly on Hanex® may cause damages to your countertop. Avoid direct and indirect heat reaching temperatures of 80oC (170oF) or above.
Chemical Damages

Avoid strong chemicals that can cause damages to your surface such as oven cleaners, acetone, paint removers, and other strong chemicals. If exposed, promptly flush with water. Remember, prolonged contact with harsh chemicals can cause serious damage to your countertop.
Simple steps to avoid damage

• Avoid cutting directly on Hanex, always use a cutting board.
  • Never place hot pans directly on the countertop. Even though Hanex® can withstand temperatures up to 350F, prolonged periods or extreme heat could cause permanent damage.
  • Strong acids, such as those found in drain cleaners should be flushed with water immediately. Some of these items, when left on surface may cause whitening, which can be difficult to remove.
Removing Persistent Stains

• To remove persistent stains, cigarette burns or scratches: Scrub the stained area with a mild abrasive cleanser using green Scotch Brite™ pad.
  • Deep scratches can be eliminated by carefully sanding down the damaged area with a 120 grit sandpaper, followed by a 220 grit, finishing with a 320 grit sandpaper. Finish by lightly rubbing the surface with a wet, green Scotch Brite™ pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. Note: different methods can be used depending on the finish.
  • For deep scratches and/or other damages which may require an expert repair, please contact your Authorized Hanex® Repair Agent or Certified Hanex® Fabricator.
Great Post

ChopperBill

We have the Corian. What a PITA! Renee is a clean freak and she spots every finger print and spot on the counter. She is constantly wiping down the counters. Drives me nuts at times. Give me good ole Formica anytime! :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Deep scratches can be eliminated by carefully sanding down the damaged area with a 120 grit sandpaper, followed by a 220 grit, finishing with a 320 grit sandpaper. Finish by lightly rubbing the surface with a wet, green Scotch Brite™ pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. Note: different methods can be used depending on the finish.

Hmm. Got some scratches in my counter top. Might be able to work them out with my variable speed orbital sander on low speed. Maybe I'll experiment on the sink covers, first.

Birchwood

Green Scotch bite surely removes scratches on the Hanex but the shine is gone.How do you bring back the beautiful shine again??