FURRION high speed observation system

Relayman

Today i purchased a Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL observation/backup system
.My Bighorn camper came pre wired for it so all i had to do basically was plug the camera in...and screw it down. i noticed that when i plugged it in...it powered up right then. I was under the impression that the camera power cable was wored to the clearance marker lights.Hmmm
not the case. any input ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mburtsvt

Re: FURRION high speed observation shstem

Today i purchased a Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL observation/backup system
.My Bighorn camper came pre wired for it so all i had to do basically was plug the camera in...and screw it down. i noticed that when i plugged it in...it powered up right then. I was under the impression that the camera power cable was wored to the clearance marker lights.Hmmm
not the case. any input ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not the case... mine is the same way, (Landmark) . It's on, (blue light), 24/7.

Sawdocmd

Re: Furrion high speed observation system

My cyclone has it hard wired to a 12v source in the battery compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richheck

Seasoned Member

My 2017 Landmark was the same way, tapped into the clearance light above the camera mount. Just have to make sure your lights. Are on while traveling for the camera to operate, probible a good idea anyways for safety.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

I have a '16 LM Newport ... I installed the same furrion camera .. Through of lot of detective work, I found the "hot" wire behind the Sconce lights on the inside at the back of the coach .. I installed and on/off switch in the back wall and when It's time to hit the road, I simply flip the switch, the camera works great !!!

I think I've caught "Jerrod-itis" ... it's a good thing !!! :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My 2015 was not pre wired I was thinking of running a hot wire but after thinking about it I decided to go with the power off of the market lights.
I'm very happy with the result. When ever I hit the road I can turn on my camera system sitting in the driver's seat.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

pegmikef

My 2015 was not pre wired I was thinking of running a hot wire but after thinking about it I decided to go with the power off of the market lights.
I'm very happy with the result. When ever I hit the road I can turn on my camera system sitting in the driver's seat.

This thread is very timely as I received my camera a few weeks ago and was torn between using a marker light or an interior light as a power source (my BH is not prewired either). Your made up my mind to use a marker light.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This thread is very timely as I received my camera a few weeks ago and was torn between using a marker light or an interior light as a power source (my BH is not prewired either). Your made up my mind to use a marker light.
I love it
I find it safer to run with the marker lights on. And with all LED it looks cool too. LOL
Also I can hit the road and not have to worry about if I remembered to turn on the camera or not. Just turn on my lights and hit the power switch on my dash for the monitor, it all comes on and I never even slowed down.

SNOKING

I have a '16 LM Newport ... I installed the same furrion camera .. Through of lot of detective work, I found the "hot" wire behind the Sconce lights on the inside at the back of the coach .. I installed and on/off switch in the back wall and when It's time to hit the road, I simply flip the switch, the camera works great !!!

I think I've caught "Jerrod-itis" ... it's a good thing !!! :)

Light blub moment! I searched high and low in the front compartment. Found three fuses, and none kill the camera I just installed. Pulled fuse #14 Rear Wall/LP and Sconces and camera went off.

SO! I may also install a switch. However if you forget to turn it on and bring the slides in, it becomes difficult to get to the switch. We are basically only going to travel twice a year, spring and fall, so it makes sense to kill it.

Now for a personal funny!!! I had the truck pulled in the RV lot to unload groceries and other stuff, and install and test the Observation camera. Got it all working, seemed to be paired right out of the box. Went to back the truck across the street and looked at the display and started to wonder why it was not changing.......

- - - Updated - - -

BTW the truck is now over 100 feet away and still picking up the camera. Chris

SNOKING

Did the observation camera power switch on the non door side sconce light base just now.

Driving away from trailer today I went 400-600 feet down the road before the camera connection dropped. :):):) Chris

SNOKING

BTW the hot 12V leads were two White/Yellow with jumper to the sconce light switch. Lifted the W/Y one off the bundle that kept the sconce light working with the wire removed and installed the new rotary switch between the bundle and the one I lifted. Chris

pegmikef

I installed my last week, but did it the easy way. I agree with Jesstalkin and connected it to running light wires. Easy install and works well.

rocrider50

Hi, new to forum from Michigan. Picking up my Cyclone 3800 next Friday the 7th and I am afraid I know nothing of the brand. It also comes with a "Rear Camera Prep x3" and the dealer can't tell me a thing about it. I also have a 2017 F350 with the new 360 camera system, will the rear camera hook up. The truck came with a camera to put on the trailer. It appears to be a FURRION system installed to the 3800?

SNOKING

Anyone know what the mini female plug is on the Furrion 12V cigarette power supply is for? Chris

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hi, new to forum from Michigan. Picking up my Cyclone 3800 next Friday the 7th and I am afraid I know nothing of the brand. It also comes with a "Rear Camera Prep x3" and the dealer can't tell me a thing about it. I also have a 2017 F350 with the new 360 camera system, will the rear camera hook up. The truck came with a camera to put on the trailer. It appears to be a FURRION system installed to the 3800?
The current Heartland RV's I've seen are what they call pre-wired which is just a power wire ran up to the back to plug the Furrion WIRELESS camera into. The new 2017 Ford is a hard wired camera system. I don't have mine yet so I'm still in the dark about what I'm going to get in the kit. I would imagine trying to get the wire harness ran up to the top rear of the toyhauler is going to be easier the it will be on my Landmark.
Did you get your truck already ????

Mburtsvt

Anyone know what the mini female plug is on the Furrion 12V cigarette power supply is for? Chris

Yep.... it's if for any reason you need to re-pair the camera to the monitor. The system needs to know what the attributes of your monitor and camera are. In other words it will only send video to your monitor and not everybody who has a camera around you. If you look at the camera end you will see the male end.

SNOKING

Yep.... it's if for any reason you need to re-pair the camera to the monitor. The system needs to know what the attributes of your monitor and camera are. In other words it will only send video to your monitor and not everybody who has a camera around you. If you look at the camera end you will see the male end.

The plug I am talking about has nothing to do with the wireless pairing. It is like mini stereo or audio pig tail that is coming out of the 12V adapter. Like you could plug in a speaker and listen to someone behind the trailer. Manual says nothing about it. Chris

rocrider50

The current Heartland RV's I've seen are what they call pre-wired which is just a power wire ran up to the back to plug the Furrion WIRELESS camera into. The new 2017 Ford is a hard wired camera system. I don't have mine yet so I'm still in the dark about what I'm going to get in the kit. I would imagine trying to get the wire harness ran up to the top rear of the toyhauler is going to be easier the it will be on my Landmark.
Did you get your truck already ????

Truck is on back order, apparently the new 360 degree camera is very popular.

I have a 2017 PROWLER 261th that came with the Furrion pre-install bracket. Just got the FRC12TA-BL installed today. The camera has no power when installed. in the bracket and plugged in. I have tested the camera in another area works fine. Have the truck hooked up, seen in another posting to have the running lights on still no power. Called the company they said to look by the batteries for a fuseholder with no fuse. So far no luck any other ideas?

Kirk