Water leak??

Ap571

We have a Sundance 3300ck 2012. When I hook to my truck and pull front legs up as trailer goes down water comes out of front of trailer. It comes out at the corners in front of storage compartment. We have had a ton of rain and don't know if I have a leak or what. I have no signs of water damage anywhere that I can see. Any suggestions??

danemayer

Hi Ap571,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Have you inspected the caulking around roof seam, front cap seams, light fixtures, etc.?

mlpeloquin

On my Big Horn I have one tank up at the higher level and all of the UDC, water pump, and lines run before the transition to the lower level. Open up the wall in your front storage to expose the service bay. This is also a good time to put hinges and latches on the wall for easy access. You can inspect the plumbing while under pressure for drip leaks. I hope you are using a pressure regulator. Not doing so will cause leaks. You can see the top of the insulation over the coroplast using a flashlight. Push on it using the handle of a long screwdriver so as to not damage it. If there is water you will know it. If it smells, it is gray water. If not fresh and can be form rain getting in or from your pumbing.

Ap571

Hi Ap571,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Have you inspected the caulking around roof seam, front cap seams, light fixtures, etc.?

This is my first camper but I don't see anything after inspecting it. I'm new to this so maybe I'm not seeing the problem.

Ap571

On my Big Horn I have one tank up at the higher level and all of the UDC, water pump, and lines run before the transition to the lower level. Open up the wall in your front storage to expose the service bay. This is also a good time to put hinges and latches on the wall for easy access. You can inspect the plumbing while under pressure for drip leaks. I hope you are using a pressure regulator. Not doing so will cause leaks. You can see the top of the insulation over the coroplast using a flashlight. Push on it using the handle of a long screwdriver so as to not damage it. If there is water you will know it. If it smells, it is gray water. If not fresh and can be form rain getting in or from your pumbing.

I'll check out those places this weekend. I do use a regulator so should be good there. It's just weird cause its never the same amount of water. Sometimes just a little and one time was enough to about fill a 5 gallon bucket. I just hope no damage has been done.

mlpeloquin

I'll check out those places this weekend. I do use a regulator so should be good there. It's just weird cause its never the same amount of water. Sometimes just a little and one time was enough to about fill a 5 gallon bucket. I just hope no damage has been done.

Could be the tank vent on the roof as stated by others. With a bad or no seal the water will follow the pipe down to the tank and run off its side onto the bottom. No damage because it should be a straight shot. The amount of water could very depending on the wind and how hard and much it rains. If it has a gap around the pipe or the sealant has gone bad, then clean it up and use Dicor non self leveling. Do not use silicone sealant on a rubber roof. It still would be a good time to add hinges and latches to access your service bay. Your water pump, back of the UDC, back of the water heater, furnace, shower drain, etc. are accessed there. At least on my Big Horn.

Do check your calking on the edge of the roof and all the calking around the outside of your rig. Keeping water out is easy so long as you are on top of it all the time. Push on the sides and I use a 90* angled pick to make sure that the bond is good. Be gentle with the pick. The seal can look good but the bond under the sealant can be released. If the calking is chalked and cracked, I used the pick to gently rub against it and bush the sealant chalk dust off with a small brush. I replace the calk using painter blue painters tape to keep a easy and neat line. Do two feet at a time and pull the tap off before the sealant forms a skin.