Anyone ever heard of/used this?

olcoon

Saw an ad for FiberFix (LINK) last night, and it sounds like it "might" be the "miracle cure-all" for a lot of broken items. At least it sounds pretty impressive, and the video is pretty amazing. Just wondering if it's the real deal or just smoke & mirrors before getting some!

danemayer

Great video!

I think this is the same stuff or similar to what ERs use to make casts these days. Open the package, wet the material, put it in place. Very rigid and very strong. Once the package is opened, use it or lose it. But on Amazon, a 1" x 40" package is less than $6. Looks like a good repair kit item to have on hand. And in a pinch, stabilize a broken arm or leg until you can get to the ER - but wrap something around the arm before putting the tape on.

The medical version might be less expensive.

Sarge

Great video!

I think this is the same stuff or similar to what ERs use to make casts these days. Open the package, wet the material, put it in place. Very rigid and very strong. Once the package is opened, use it or lose it. But on Amazon, a 1" x 40" package is less than $6. Looks like a good repair kit item to have on hand. And in a pinch, stabilize a broken arm or leg until you can get to the ER - but wrap something around the arm before putting the tape on.

I'm gonna order some for my medic bag.....

Sarge

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Fiberfix is a casting material? At first glance, I thought someone found Metamucil for RV's! ;)

Lou_and_Bette

As a former Orthopedic nurse and Certified Emergency Room nurse, I have handled stuff similar to this a lot. In addition, I saw this very product when it was introduced to the public on the Shark Tank TV show. The product is strong and useful in certain situations. Just a word of caution for those of you that want to keep some of this in your tool box, even a slight hole in the wrapper will cause it to harden, and if you apply it to something and want to remove it later it must be sawn off.

olcoon

I think it was in the FAQ on the website, they stated that it's not recommend to be used as a cast for a broken limb. Something about removing it, probably be pretty difficult with the normal stuff they have in a hospital. Don't think a sawz all would be advisable. At least I wouldn't want them to use one on me!!!

BigGuy82

I'm a sucker for stuff like this ... ordered a 2" roll and a 4" roll from Amazon. Looks like it might come in handy some day and for less than 10 bucks a roll, why not?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
That has to be the best commercial I have ever seen!
I have to buy a roll for the Sundance Emergency Kit...