Front storage compartment

smildrum

Hi,
We are purchasing a 21FBS and love the storage the front compartment is going to give us. However, we are a little perplexed how to divide up the space and keep things from sliding around. Can any of you out there share your ideas? Besides totes and a mat on the floor what other creative ideas do you have? Also, what kind of totes do you use? I went to Walmart today and most of them are too tall for the opening. I would love to see pics if you have them available. (I am sure any of the North Trail owerns will be able to help with this).

By the way we would love to see and hear about any other mods.

Thanks for your replies, we are anxiously counting the days till we take delivery.

Sue

Last edited:

Mike101

Same question

Hey Smildrum, did you get an answer to this question, I pick up my 28BHS on Monday and leave Thursday for a 3 night trial run. The storage looked huge and smooth. I am actually worried I would need to put too much in just to avoid having it move around and damage the compartment, the lights and the stuff in it. If you got any answer please post. If not, can other please help.

Mike
Ottawa

Last edited:
I put the sewer hose in a tote and put hooks in the wall for cords and hoses
put my bag chairs up by the water line hooks up. but even before thing did not move.
maybe this will help

gary
2009 north trail
26rks

smildrum

Hi Mike,
Sorry to take so long to get back to you. We picked up our 21FBS on 7/10 and left the next day for our first trip with it. Pushed for time I had to figure this one out myself. Our storage space is about 3x8 feet. I bought some very lightweight indoor/outdoor matting made of olefin at Lowes. It was 6x8 so I cut it in half and put one of the pieces in the bottom of the compartment. now I have an extra for the future. The other dilema was totes. Most of the covered totes I looked at were too tall for the opening. I then found large laundry baskets at Walmart and they work great. Less than $5 each. And they fit in through either side compartment. The other nice thing is the bottom of them is smooth and they slide on the mat without pulling it out of place. So, along with the screen house, chairs and a small utility/tool tote we found that every thing stayed in place. Needless to say, the baskets are not full of stuff (we just don't have enought stuff to fill them). But having the extra capacity allows us to find things quickly.

Hope you were able to figure out something that works for you. Was it similar or do you have any other ideas?

Enjoy your camper. We just love ours!!

Sue

Johnp322

Front compartment question

Hello I have the 28BHS and I also use totes picked up from Walmart to try to keep my stuff organized. One side of the front comparment on mine is larger than the other side so the totes will fit perfectly.

I have to say though unless you plan on going 4 wheeling while towing your trailer you do not really have a major issue with items sliding around. For the most part the items you place in the storage compartment and inside the trailer stay in place while you are in motion.

hope it helps

John