ATF: North Trail - Tv Reception

Parkinit

I have been having trouble with poor tv reception on our Model 24bhs camper.The manual talks about cranking it up and turning it.This model is a stationary one that doesn't seem to work very well.I would just like to be able to pick up the local stations at where I am camping.I do run the tv through the auto program mode to try to pick up channels.Is an antenna booster what I need ,and if so what kind would you recommend?Thanks,Dan

jimtoo

Hi Parkinit,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm not sure where it is located in the NorthTrail, but you should have a booster already installed. Look around the TV mounting area, both places if you have it. Where the cable hooks up you should see a little button and red light that comes on when button pushed. I'm sure some of our other NT owners will jump in with better info for you soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M
Thread moved to better area.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
And you will have to do an auto channel search each time you change locations.

Peace
Dave

Parkinit

I noticed the red light next to the cable in port but didn't realize what it was for,that's good to know.I believe I have had it always on.Ive only camped 3 times with it,I'll give it a few more times to see if it's an ongoing issue,thanks!

mlpeloquin

If you are in a campground with cable, press the button to turn the amplifier off. On for the antenna and off for cable. To set the direction, look at several other rigs to see the direction that their antennas are pointing and start there. The majority of the other campers have done the work for you most of the time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Which antenna do you have? (please post a photo of it)

If you have to crank it up, it most likely is 'The Batwing'.

Should look like the antenna in this shot:

CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg

If it is like this, then pull down on the outer ring of the crank handle in the ceiling and turn it.

The little arrow is pointing in the direction that the antenna is aimed.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
My experience with the fixed mushroom antenna on my North trail is that it does not receive quite as well as a batwing antenna, but more importantly is that I had a few poorly installed connectors.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My experience with the fixed mushroom antenna on my North trail is that it does not receive quite as well as a batwing antenna, but more importantly is that I had a few poorly installed connectors.

I swapped out the Batwing on our old 2013 Heartland Trail Runner (pictured in my post above) for the King/Jack antenna ($50 at Camping World), and moved it to our new 2015 Heartland Prowler!

ProwlerMaxxAirFrontDoneStorm-P1010871.jpg

With the Batwing I pulled in maybe 15-20 stations in my side yard . . .

With this King/Jack antenna I pull in over 80 stations parked in the same spot!