Hershey, Pa RV show buying and selling RVs?

Michaeloh

I would be interested in knowing the opinions of those who have attended this show whether it would be a reasonable idea to try and sell my RV in Hershey that week. If so do you have any specific suggestion. It would be a fairly long trip for us but we have never been, would love to look at the latest offerings, and would entertain the idea if it seemed we would have a reasonable chance of success.

thanks in advance.

wehavefun

You probably won't be able to pick your new RV from the show, it will have to go to the selling dealership to get a proper PDI. I know that's not all, but seems to be common. You can also just take photos of your unit and make transportation part if your deal.

Dealers are at Hershey to sell, in my opinion I would attend if you are ready to trade!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I doubt if they'll let you sell your rig at the RV show . . . unless you want to purchase booth space.

alwaysbusy

At Hershey, dealers will look at your coach and work numbers as a trade. They also sell the coaches they bring to the show; they place "sold" tags on them when purchased. These units do however remain at the show for others to look at and walk through. I personally wouldn't want thousands of people walking through my unit, but that's just me and my OCD problem maybe. Purchases other than these end up getting shipped to the dealerships themselves wherever they are from. They do not allow units to sit for sale in the lot for the duration of the show.

All units there are new. Dealers bring no used with them and there is no used section for the gen public to offer for sale. It would be awesome if that could be done but I'd be hurting their sales I'm sure.

it is a great show though but plan on 2 days if you want to go through all the units. Wife and I only looked at haulers, if it wasn't, we kept walking.

Michaeloh

I doubt if they'll let you sell your rig at the RV show . . . unless you want to purchase booth space.

thanks for the suggestion but I think it highly unlikely that purchasing booth space would be cost effective. Typically what people do is park their rig in the giant RV parking lot with a for sale sign on it. Which is free. Whereas the booth spaces are not free. But, thanks for trying.

jbeletti

...Typically what people do is park their rig in the giant RV parking lot with a for sale sign on it...

I have seen this done. Unsure how effective it is but worth a shot. Put For Sale signs on all sides if allowed.

Dealers "ARE" motivated to move new units at a show. Show pricing typically is inclusive of cash kicked in by the manufacturers.

Generally speaking, the "show price" is usually available on an "order out" as well. This allows you to plus/minus the show pricing with only the options you want but still get a great deal on your custom ordered coach.

Michaeloh

I have seen this done. Unsure how effective it is but worth a shot. Put For Sale signs on all sides if allowed.

Dealers "ARE" motivated to move new units at a show. Show pricing typically is inclusive of cash kicked in by the manufacturers.

Generally speaking, the "show price" is usually available on an "order out" as well. This allows you to plus/minus the show pricing with only the options you want but still get a great deal on your custom ordered coach.

Really appreciate everyone's take on this.