PDA

View Full Version : 2016 - Las Vegas - Tour the Heartlands (owner rig tours)

jbeletti
08-28-2016, 12:10 AM
Hello Las Vegas Rally Attendees!

We are pleased to announce that a Pre-Rally item has been added that the organizers are calling "Tour of the Heartlands".

Tour some HOC Member’s Rigs that will be on display for viewing. Get ideas and check out some of the creative modifications and decorations that others have done. Get inspired while meeting others and sharing stories!

Please follow this link (https://heartlandowners.org/club/2016-north-american-heartland-owners-rally/) to the Rally Guide, then click on Tour the Heartlands or click here (https://heartlandowners.org/rally/2016/2016_rig_tour_flier.pdf) to download the flier.

Circle back here to this thread to ask questions, plan and discuss this item.

TravelTiger
08-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Hello Las Vegas Rally Attendees!

THIS ITEM IS BEING WORKED ON 

We are pleased to announce that a Pre-Rally item has been added that the organizers are calling "Tour of the Heartlands".

Tour some HOC Member’s Rigs that will be on display for viewing. Get ideas and check out some of the creative modifications and decorations that others have done. Get inspired while meeting others and sharing stories!

Details to follow soon!

THIS ITEM IS BEING WORKED ON 

Please follow this link (https://heartlandowners.org/club/2016-north-american-heartland-owners-rally/) to the Rally Guide, then click on Tour the Heartlands.

Circle back here to this thread to ask questions, plan and discuss this item.

We won't be at Las Vegas, but just wanted to chime in that this is really fun and a cool way to get to see lots of other's rigs. We've participated in this at a few rallies, and really enjoy it!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
08-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Erika this will be our very first rally. So we have no idea what to expect.
Do you have any tips or advice for us first timer's ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty
08-28-2016, 01:17 PM
Jerrod, all I can say is.......brace yourself cause Floyd will be there. He is the social butterfly of the bunch.

JohnD
08-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Tour the 'Heartlands' . . .

Oh, I thought that meant a day trip to Kansas . . . :p

DOH!

gasman
08-28-2016, 11:52 PM
Tour the 'Heartlands' . . .

Oh, I thought that meant a day trip to Kansas . . . :p

DOH!

No Dorothy. You're not in Kansas anymore!!

TravelTiger
08-29-2016, 12:22 AM
Erika this will be our very first rally. So we have no idea what to expect.
Do you have any tips or advice for us first timer's ?

Jarrod, you mean your first National rally, right?

Well I recall our first one, we attended many of the seminars. It's good to hear direct from the manufacturers of the components used in our rigs. Ask questions.

Be sure to look over the schedule of events each day and pick which ones you really want to go to, so you don't miss them while "visiting". Gals, there's cool stuff for you, too!

Make sure to attend any pre-rally events that Jim lines up, the experiences are usually worth far more than the price you pay. It's really nice when there's a bus provided, so no one has to drive!

Check out vendors that attend the rally for good deals, especially if labor is included.

Get your rig weighed, washed, waxed, carpet cleaned, etc. -- those vendors come to you and make it really easy!

Don't expect to take a walk, walk your dog, or ride your bike/cart without stopping to visit every 10 feet.

Do get out and walk/bike/ride to meet new folks!

If you have a project you need help with, just stand outside with a toolbox open and scratch your head, someone will be helping in no time. +20 more to watch.

Be sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early for any meals. Be on time and you're sitting at the back.

That's all I can think of at the moment!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
08-29-2016, 12:46 AM
LOL thanks Erika, sounds like all good advice..
. And no I mean this will be Rhonda and I 's very first rally ever.
Our Jackson rally was cancelled last year do to the Butte fire.
So we have yet to attend a rally.

klindgren
08-29-2016, 08:13 AM

Hey Jerrod, you have got to be one of the "on tour" rigs we all get to go through. With all the great mods you've done you just gotta let us take a peak at the real thing. Posting pictures is nice, but I wanna see :) So get busy cleaning........:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

jbeletti
08-29-2016, 08:37 AM
Hey Jerrod, you have got to be one of the "on tour" rigs we all get to go through. With all the great mods you've done you just gotta let us take a peak at the real thing. Posting pictures is nice, but I wanna see :) So get busy cleaning........:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

Hi Keith! Been following you and Carol on Facebook. Looks like you're having a great time making your way west. Jerrod and Rhonda's rig will be on tour. In fact, they are the coordinators of the Heartlands on Tour event :)

See you in Vegas and Ho Ho Ho :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
08-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Keith it's is ready. Rhonda keeps the inside spotless and I try to keep the outside clean with a lot of help from my local truck wash. I'm just hoping I can keep it nice and shiny through the 10hr trip to from here to Vegas. We'll be there Monday night and open house is Tuesday morning.😨
I bought a roll of that carpet contact plastic to put down so people can go inside with there shoe's on. LOL
I've been having a lot of fun doing all of these Mod's and sharing them with all to see on this wonderful forum.
I'm looking forward to seeing what others have done and maybe start a new list of Mod's.
I'm also looking forward to seeing the Titan Disc brake installation as that is very high on my Mod list of upcoming projects.

TravelTiger
08-29-2016, 10:13 AM

You picked a good one to start with!! Have fun!!!

codycarver
08-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Hi Keith! Been following you and Carol on Facebook. Looks like you're having a great time making your way west. Jerrod and Rhonda's rig will be on tour. In fact, they are the coordinators of the Heartlands on Tour event :)

See you in Vegas and Ho Ho Ho :)

Should I tell Amy to expect guests or do you have all you need?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
08-29-2016, 12:32 PM
We do not have any yet as far as I know.

TandT
08-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Whew... I thought I was going to have to clean mine. Luckily nobody wants to see my six-year-old "classic" Bighorn. :-) Trace

codycarver
08-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Whew... I thought I was going to have to clean mine. Luckily nobody wants to see my six-year-old "classic" Bighorn. :-) Trace

I do! it would be like being at home:cool:

TandT
08-29-2016, 01:10 PM
I do! it would be like being at home:cool:

Okay, but only you guys. Trace

codycarver
08-29-2016, 01:16 PM

I would think with a great floor plan like ours there would be a waiting line just to get a peek.

TandT
08-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Yes you and I both know it was probably one of the best models ever made.
Hey you've given me an idea. We should start a classic trailer group. No one allowed in unless your trailer is at least 5 years old. People who truly appreciate the classic design and workmanship of years gone by . :-) Trace

codycarver
08-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Yes you and I both know it was probably one of the best models ever made.
Hey you've given me an idea. We should start a classic trailer group. No one allowed in unless your trailer is at least 5 years old. People who truly appreciate the classic design and workmanship of years gone by . :-) Trace

I think that's a great idea. How about H.C.C.C. Heartland Classic Coach Club. Notice my profile change.

TandT
08-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Dave,
Okay, I'm in..........Trace

(Sorry Jim, I guess this thread went a wee bit sideways.)

codycarver
08-29-2016, 06:56 PM
We do not have any yet as far as I know.

Well if you need any let us know. we'd be happy to help.

BigJim45
08-29-2016, 09:56 PM

My site is right behind you so we might just sneak a peek also.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
09-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Hello Heartlander's,

We have had a few HOC Members that have graciously offered their rigs for the "Tour the Heartlands" in Vegas on Tuesday. We know that you all have some beautiful rigs and have put a lot of time into making them special and unique. We would love for you to share your ideas and creativity with everyone. Please let us know if you are willing to open your rig for others to tour. We would love to have you participate with us.

Thanks in advance and we look forward to meeting you in Vegas very soon!

Jerrod & Rhonda Jess

JohnD
09-26-2016, 06:51 PM
We are going to miss this as we won't arrive until Wednesday . . .

Bones
09-26-2016, 08:20 PM
Hello Heartlander's,

We have had a few HOC Members that have graciously offered their rigs for the "Tour the Heartlands" in Vegas on Tuesday. We know that you all have some beautiful rigs and have put a lot of time into making them special and unique. We would love for you to share your ideas and creativity with everyone. Please let us know if you are willing to open your rig for others to tour. We would love to have you participate with us.

Thanks in advance and we look forward to meeting you in Vegas very soon!

Jerrod & Rhonda Jess
Hmm. I think you guys should video tape.

Dan & Sally Sullivan
09-26-2016, 10:47 PM
Your First Rally,,, oh my gosh! I know you already know Chuck and Donna...Well, the Heartlanders that we have met in the last 5 years, are all that Fabulous. I know I still have to rest up to survive all the socializing that goes on.
We are looking forward to meeting more friends at the National rally.
Sally Sullivan

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
09-27-2016, 01:01 PM
Here is a wine and gift basket that Rhonda just made for the "Tour the Heartland's" drawing.

Front
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160927/05f64f9a5e03e41e07721eab11a003dd.jpg

Back
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160927/52639cfa404a27eca762576171a5e505.jpg

She put lots of goodies inside

klindgren
09-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Hey Jerrod, we'll be more than happy to show off our 2015 Newport if someone is interested in seeing one with the office instead of the downstairs bathroom.

TravelTiger
09-28-2016, 09:22 AM
Hey Jerrod, we'll be more than happy to show off our 2015 Newport if someone is interested in seeing one with the office instead of the downstairs bathroom.

Keith, I still regret not getting over there in Goshen to see your rig!

Please keep the invitation open for Goshen next year, since we can't make Vegas.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
09-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Ok Keith thanks we'll put you on the list.
What space # are you going to be in ?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
09-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Those of you that are participating in the "Tour of the Heartlands" can you tell me your site number or help me find the link to that information on this darn forum ?

codycarver
09-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Those of you that are participating in the "Tour of the Heartlands" can you tell me your site number or help me find the link to that information on this darn forum ?

Find it here (https://www.regonline.com/activereports/CustomReports/DirectoryReport.aspx?eventid=a53Kr%2bkUBHI%3d&rptId=1392262)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
09-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Find it here (https://www.regonline.com/activereports/CustomReports/DirectoryReport.aspx?eventid=a53Kr%2bkUBHI%3d&rptId=1392262)

Thank you for the link.

klindgren
10-01-2016, 07:49 AM
Ok Keith thanks we'll put you on the list.
What space # are you going to be in ?

Jerrod, we are in space #137

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
10-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Thanks Keith I found you on that list.
We look forward to meeting you and seeing your Newport

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
10-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Note to all Heartland'er doing the "Tour of Heartland" we (The Jess's) are now in space 120 NOT 237.
Thanks see you on the tour

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
10-04-2016, 12:09 AM
We will be putting out a large butterfly balloon on the RV's that are participating in the Tour of the Heartland's tomorrow morning.
Just look for the balloon in the sky.

TravelTiger
10-04-2016, 07:40 AM
We will be putting out a large butterfly balloon on the RV's that are participating in the Tour of the Heartland's tomorrow morning.
Just look for the balloon in the sky.

Great idea!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
10-04-2016, 10:10 AM
It wasn't my idea.
That was Kathy Adams's idea and we rolled with it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
10-04-2016, 06:07 PM
We'll I would say "Tour of the Heartland's" was a big success. 72 people had there passports stamped and put it in the bucket for the drawing. The drawing for the basket will be Saturday night. Thank you all for doing the tours.
It was great to meet so many wonderful people.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
10-04-2016, 06:51 PM
So many beautiful rigs here

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161004/cd5f5c9ff7baa398b147905d7887d360.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161004/45015192d7fe82a8654d91b9cef4f782.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161004/a5bbac604953f7dcf211b6bd33bd6ede.jpg