TST 507 TPMS installed and have a question

Tundra2084

We have our TST 507 TPMS installed......I am running my Sailun tires at 100psi because our rig is approx 13,000 lbs when loaded ready for travel. Love the fact that I can see what the psi and temps are at while travelling. Now for my question, or rather confirmation I guess......

The psi on all four tires are all within one to two pounds and the temps are all within two to 5 degrees.....does this mean that the rig is running fairly level both front to back AND side to side??

i only ask because it would make sense to me that if one tire on one side would be running a hotter, that that side would have more weight on it that the other. OR if the rear set of tires were running hotter, then the rear tires would have more weight on it that the front.

As I said this is the first time using the TPMS and in 84 degree temps the TPMS showed all tires with the following. PSI. 110-115(every time pressures were displayed all were within one psi) and TEMPS 95-100 degrees(again every time temps were displayed all four within 2-3 degrees)

Roller4tan

As your driving down the road, the sunny side temps and pressures will be slightly higher. I'm not sure about answer your actual question, tho.

danemayer

I've not seen any correlation between side-to-side weight differences and pressure/temp readouts on the TST. And at one time we had the rear-driver-side wheel carrying significantly more weight than the off-door-side wheels.

Sun shining on the tires does cause a significant swing in temperature, and a bit less on pressure.

mlpeloquin

Pressure has been within 2psi and temps have been equal or up to 10* on the sunny side when at 105* outside temperature at 60mph.

Bogie

I know this doesn't answer your original question, but I would just like to pass on the following:

I have a TST 507. I contacted TST to ask about the accuracy I could expect from their system and was told the following. The pressure reading is accurate to plus/minus 1.5 psi. The temperature reading is accurate to plus/minus 2°F.

In addition, a good rule of thumb for pressure rise with temperature is for every 10°F rise in temperature, the pressure will rise about 2%.

Using that info, you can make some quick mental calculations to give you an idea of the expected pressure rise with a specific rise in temperature. As has already been said, tires on the sun side run hotter than the shade side. After a while, you will come to recognize what is normal and conversely, if something is amiss. Increase temperatures can be caused by more than one factor including problems with bearing or brakes.

IMHO the important thing is to have some instrumentation to give you some indication if there is a problem. :)