TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Venue:
------------------------------

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 5
  • Register by end of day 9/26/2016
  • Site fee: $$25 a night, plus $4 daily park entrance fee per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck:
  • Potluck date:
  • Potluck time:

Additional Info:
Sorry for the short notice!

We are having an informal Camp-Out at Lake Brownwood State Park, for anyone who'd like to join us.

Texas State Parks do not let you reserve a specific site, only an area. We will be in the Council Bluff area. All sites are back-in, and should be able to accommodate larger rigs. There is not a meeting hall in this Loop, so any gatherings will be around someone's rig.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4506_009f.pdf

Saturday, we will go as a group to eat at Underwood's Bar-B-Q.

Please do not contact the State Park for Reservations.

I have reserved 5 sites in the Council Bluff Loop with Full Hookups, beginning September 29th, departing Oct 2. Please contact us (see above for contact info) to hold one for you. If we run out of reserved sites, we will see what's available near us. As of 8-29, they had 2 additional spots available in this loop.

The State Park system charges a $10 fee of you cancel or change your reservation. They do not charge to add dates. Since the reservations will be in my name initially, please contact us to make arrangements if you need to change/cancel.

Attendees:

1. Erika & Tony Dorsey arrive 9-28 depart 10-2
2. Ted & Dee Davis arrive 9-28 depart 10-2
3. Malcolm & Valerie Talley 9-29 depart 10-2
4. Jeff & Lisa Fletcher 9-29 depart 10-2

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Just heard from Malcolm & Val, they are joining us!

Hope some more of you not going to Vegas can come, or if you are passing through TX on your way to Vegas, come and see the very center of Texas (Brownwood)!

DaveTyler

Erika, Good to see you and Tony in Canton. Kathy did get her date for full knee replacement, October 31st. So I may try one more camping trip before surgery. We would arrive the 28th and depart Monday the 3rd. However she just told me "no". If I write it down, maybe she will give in? Any suggestions welcome. Our friends Malcom and Juanell Cass did call her nephew and he said he knew Tony. No reservations just yet, working on Mrs. Tyler. She said if I didn't straighten out I would be camping with George Speir and Bob Curry???

TravelTiger

Erika, Good to see you and Tony in Canton. Kathy did get her date for full knee replacement, October 31st. So I may try one more camping trip before surgery. We would arrive the 28th and depart Monday the 3rd. However she just told me "no". If I write it down, maybe she will give in? Any suggestions welcome. Our friends Malcom and Juanell Cass did call her nephew and he said he knew Tony. No reservations just yet, working on Mrs. Tyler. She said if I didn't straighten out I would be camping with George Speir and Bob Curry???

Dave, tell her the reservations are already made, I'm just holding the spot for y'all -- and if I have to cancel it'll cost ME, since they are in my name. We really would like to visit with you guys some more, I hope you can get her to change her mind!!

Erika

- - - Updated - - -

Remember all, you'll need to contact me to reserve a spot. I have already reserved sites at the State Park.

Time is running out, deadline to claim one of the remaining 3 spots in the Council Bluff full hookup area is Monday the 26th!!

Ted_Dee

Dave you have to come and Dee Dee with the cast on her arm. I will explain at the camp out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Dave you have to come and Dee Dee with the cast on her arm. I will explain at the camp out.

Oh no!!! Hopefully she can still have fun camping!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted_Dee

Oh yes she is ok. We have been traveling for 13 days and I have been doing all cooking. She is having a great time.

U2fletch

Erika,
Lisa and I would love to attend if you have room for us! Count us in. Arrive the 29th and leave the 2nd.

Chippendale

Erika,No reservations just yet, working on Mrs. Tyler. She said if I didn't straighten out I would be camping with George Speir and Bob Curry???

Tyler is always making this crack about him having to camp with me and Bob Curry as if that's such a bad thing. Wish I was going to be there, but had already made other plans for that weekend before I learned of your campout, so Tyler is going to get to camp without me at least one more time. Don't know about Bob.

DaveTyler

Erika, I cannot believe George says those things!!! Go ahead and mark us down to arrive the 28th and depart the 3rd. Looking forward to seeing Jeff and Lisa again. Good neighbors. Maybe Jeff will bring his airplane again? The video looked good. Dave
Kathy will be with cane and walker.

TravelTiger

Erika, I cannot believe George says those things!!! Go ahead and mark us down to arrive the 28th and depart the 3rd. Looking forward to seeing Jeff and Lisa again. Good neighbors. Maybe Jeff will bring his airplane again? The video looked good. Dave
Kathy will be with cane and walker.

Glad you guys are going to make it! I will put you down for one of the reserved spots. I'll call the park to move your reservation to the 28th and extend to the 3rd.

We will be gentle with Kathy, I promise.

Erika

TravelTiger

Dave and Kathy may have to miss this one. Kathy is having some health issues, so we'll be praying for her speedy recovery.

Ted_Dee

Kathy, Dee and I will miss you and Dave. We are praying for a quick recovery. Dave behave yourself.

TravelTiger

Last call for reserving a site for the CampOut!

We will need to call the park on Monday to confirm reservations for the folks that have signed up and to cancel any unclaimed spots.

Please contact me ASAP if you are interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.