Getting ready for new tires

carl.swoyer

Looking for input on the best performance in a tire. I have an 05 Silverado long bed Lt crew cab 2500 hd 6.6 duramax/Allison. Running stock rims. 3 sets of Bridgestone duelers, 1 set of Michelin ltx ms 2 . Started having problems with the duelers peeling in the tread area. The michelins are 265 -75/16. They increased my payload that's why I went with them. The warranty is for 60 k I have 46 k and I don't think that they will see sixty.
I tow a 2012 Landmark Rushmore with a 5500 lp Onan genset and a magnum ms2812 Inverter with 4 group 31 deka agm batteries. That last bit of information was to give an idea of what I'm pulling.

So without further delay, what's the best tire with wear, handle, and weight carrying.
Thanks for the input.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had Duelers on DW"s SUV and they were terrible. Uneven tread wear and too much road noise IMO.

I have always run Michelins on all my trucks. Because the Michelins always end up having the sidewalls crack, I decided to go with Nitto Dura-Grapplers.

Almost all reviews are as good as Michelin at a little less money. Good looking tires and so far I have been very happy with them. Trace

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I have been running the Nitto Cross Tec for last 3 years. Have about 40000 on them and still have good tread. I will probably go with the Dura- Grapplers when I have to change.

iPhone Tapatalk

Lynn1130

And on the other hand, no offense, but Nitto's were the worst set of tires I ever had on my truck. They cupped and went out of balance within 1000 miles of every rotation. Discount finally warrantied out all four. BFGs were the best and I had several sets of different brands in 105,000 miles.

Tire questions are like which truck to buy.

Jim.Allison

Depends on your rim size, but I would look at tirerack.com for the Firestone Transforce AT/HT 18 and 20 inch tires that have an incredible load rating at 3640 lbs, and an un beatable price at less than $800 for 4, and for a tire made in North America. They were OEM on my RAM in 17 inch, I bought a set of 20 inch "take off rims" off EBay and mounted the 20's, love them and they wear like iron. You can't beat them for a commercial traction tire IMHO.

Looking for input on the best performance in a tire. I have an 05 Silverado long bed Lt crew cab 2500 hd 6.6 duramax/Allison. Running stock rims. 3 sets of Bridgestone duelers, 1 set of Michelin ltx ms 2 . Started having problems with the duelers peeling in the tread area. The michelins are 265 -75/16. They increased my payload that's why I went with them. The warranty is for 60 k I have 46 k and I don't think that they will see sixty.
I tow a 2012 Landmark Rushmore with a 5500 lp Onan genset and a magnum ms2812 Inverter with 4 group 31 deka agm batteries. That last bit of information was to give an idea of what I'm pulling.

So without further delay, what's the best tire with wear, handle, and weight carrying.
Thanks for the input.

carl.swoyer

They are not going to see 60,000 miles. I have 46,000 miles on them and they are close to the wear tab

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm in the market for new tires on my truck.

Came with Firestone Transforce HT 17" tires.

Truck is two years and two days old . . . has 43,000+ miles on them and are down to the warning indicators.

Been thinking about the Firestone Transforce AT's as I would like a more aggressive tread pattern than the HT's (they bite the big one on snow and ice).

Although I am open to suggestion . . .

SNOKING

Why not get a new truck with new tires. Then you could get one that is not overloaded? Chris

Lynn1130

Sorry but that is just snarky and uncalled for. Are you the weight police?

This one is going to get this thread closed, just watch. But that needed to be said.

agpopp

Check out the nitto dura grappler. I ran them on my old diesel and thought they were they smoothest, quietest, most stable towing tire I've ever ran. And they looked very aggressive for a highway tire.