renting your camper out

tomsws6

Just a question that was brought up from friends of ours. Has anyone rented there camper out to other people? We have a friend that does it every now and then and was just curious.

alexb2000

Not in a million years.

We have a home in a popular ski area where people pay very high rents during peak season so a lot of owners rent out their houses. Well the stories go on and on about damage, theft, etc., a lot of which isn't caught immediately and so you eat it. The tires on my 5er were $1300 and as you know they're easy to damage in a way you might not catch. I could think of a lot of other things that could be a problem as well.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I'm not sure I trust anyone including family using my "condo on wheels". Things happen and who's left to pick up the pieces and bill - me. It's one thing if I damage the Silver Bullet but .....

Hogladyrider

Absolutely NEVER happening while I am alive!

Spent this summer workamping as a housekeeper, enough said.

Susan

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
No way! That would also mean letting someone else drive Big Blue! Not going to happen!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sarge

The amount of alcohol required for me to agree to this -

Would literally kill me first....

Sarge

danemayer

If you follow RV forum posts for any length of time you'll get a sense of the kinds of mistakes that newbies (and experienced RVers) can make. Many of those mistakes can result in significant damage to the RV. All of the following are not unusual.

• Taking a turn too tight scraping the body against an obstacle.
  • Running over a curb causing axle damage.
  • Running the sidewall of a tire into a curb or other object, leading to a future blowout.
  • Backing into an obstacle.
  • Roof damage from a tree or other low-hanging obstacle.
  • Getting distracted while flushing the black tank.
  • Not following good practices with the black tank, leading to a poo pile or slow leak.
  • Failing to use a water pressure regulator leading to water leaks.
  • Leaving a cabinet door open when closing the slides.
  • Closing the bedroom slide while the cargo door is open.
  • Forgetting to lower the TV antenna.
  • Leaving behind accessories like the sewer donut.
  • Forgetting latch the shower doors or bedroom closet doors.
  • Not hitching correctly and dropping the trailer.

The list goes on....

As to how many things on this list come from personal experience --- I take the fifth.:rolleyes: