Gateway 3800 RLB and 3650BH

Bones

OK. Since all this talk about a new product line I looked at the Gateway line and I had just noticed that the RLB has a cabinet above the refrigerator in the pictures. I don't have a cabinet but I removed all of the molding in that area in prepping for a cabinet. Does any one know how I can find out if that is true and if it would work in mine and be the same color? I could build the shelf but getting the door face and frame in matching colors would be awesome.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Contact Heartland parts, and it's helpful if you have pics of exactly what you want. Also ask for the hardware you'll need, as it doesn't come installed.

We bought a drawer face to cover our wine rack space over the microwave. Only issue is that it's not drilled for any hardware. Still working on getting that done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

I thought about that but don't they always want a vin to order parts? I can give measurements but the only pictures I have are the ones I saw on the web site

justafordguy

Mine had a fake door over the fridge. I removed it, built a shelf, and put hinges and a knob on the fake door and made a real cabinet out of it. Tons of extra room up there. I also removed the two small cabinets on the L shaped counter top and gained 20" of counter space. Love both these mods. :cool:

Bones

Mine had a fake door over the fridge. I removed it, built a shelf, and put hinges and a knob on the fake door and made a real cabinet out of it. Tons of extra room up there. I also removed the two small cabinets on the L shaped counter top and gained 20" of counter space. Love both these mods. :cool:
That is on my project to do list but have not gotten to it yet. I just have the hole.

- - - Updated - - -

Share pictures with us

justafordguy

You're welcome.

Did I remember you asking about adding a ceiling fan a while back. I added one and love it but it was a bit tricky.

justafordguy

I really only have a picture of the fan just after I finished installing it, I didn't take any during the install. It was tricky but I was able to get a wire run from the ceiling location I picked over to the switch panel cabinet where I tired in the power to the 110v outlet under the cabinet. You have to run the wire down through the wall between the switch panel cabinet and the bathroom. There are already a bunch of wires going down through there so i just followed them. I removed the ceiling lights to gain access to the ceiling area. You could probably go towards the back and and down into the breaker cabinet but it seemed easier to go forward to the switch cabinet to me.

fan01.jpg

Bones

I really only have a picture of the fan just after I finished installing it, I didn't take any during the install. It was tricky but I was able to get a wire run from the ceiling location I picked over to the switch panel cabinet where I tired in the power to the 110v outlet under the cabinet. You have to run the wire down through the wall between the switch panel cabinet and the bathroom. There are already a bunch of wires going down through there so i just followed them. I removed the ceiling lights to gain access to the ceiling area. You could probably go towards the back and and down into the breaker cabinet but it seemed easier to go forward to the switch cabinet to me.

View attachment 47797

Thanks. Did you find bracing in the ceiling there or did you just use the Roof truss going across?