New Tow Rig!!!

jeffnkelly

Colorado Chapter Leaders
A short while back you may have seen the post that my 08 F350 had lost the turbos just shy of 100 miles from home on our 7000 mile trip this summer. Requiring us to be towed home. Big thanks to Shortest Straw (Mike) on getting the trailer back to our storage lot!! Well anyway I replaced the turbos and got the truck running again. That was our first big trip with the Bighorn and we were pleased with pretty much everything. The only thing was we were running pretty close to max load for that SRW truck so I started looking and got a great deal on a new (to me) 2015 F350 Lariat DRW it is white Platinum Metallic with black leather interior and has pretty much every option there is and only 10,000 miles!!!. Just waiting on the Reese adapter so I can install the hitch to the in floor Ford 5th wheel mount and get the trailer lined up!!

20160827_143128.jpg

And it fits in the garage (barely)!!!

20160831_060405.jpg

MTPockets

Niiice truck... We love our '13 - it's a joy to drive each time I hop in and fire it up.., you'll love yours too.

Pizzaguy

Congrats on the new truck! You will love the dually for towing. You may have to watch your speedometer because you won't even know that BH is behind you!

DaveTyler

Congrats on new tow vehicle. The dually will be great. Mine is similar. Not sure if you do your own maintenance or not but very easy to do fuel filters etc and saves lots of money. The coolant check light scared me until I figured out how to turn off. If you need anything just say so. As example the fuel filters from Amazon, Motorcraft are $50-55 for both. Dealer change about $125-$175.00. Good luck. Dave

jeffnkelly

Colorado Chapter Leaders
Thanks Dave,

I do my own maintenance and the 6.7 looks as easy if not easier than the 6.4. I do have a couple questions for you though. Your rig looks to have a heavier pin weight than mine but am wondering if getting the airbags for me would make a big difference. My pin weight is about 2300-2400lbs when fully loaded. For my old SRW the bags were on my shortlist. The other question is I was looking at the same RWS fuel/tool box and would like to know how happy you are with it. Im usually a marathon driver and never want to run out of fuel and the old truck with the 26 gal fuel tank killed me.

Thanks in advance!!

Jeff

IronJ

You gonna love that there new tow pig!!..

You should be ok at 2300 pin but it will still squat a lil...the airbags imho make the ride way better overall.

Fuel and oil are an easy 30 min affair for both....

I have the Titan replacement tank in mine...65 gallons of marathon driving fun!!..I have a 3yr old old so no 500 mile non stop blasts for me, but it's nice to stop where I want for a break and where I want for a refuel...

A 6.7 dually is EONS better than a 6.4...which prob had 3.55 gears

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish