CSA Approval for Landmark

beardedone

Beardedone
Here is another question. Trailers sold in Canada are supposed to be CSA (Canadian Standards Association) approved and normally an appropriate sticker reflecting that is affixed near the door. This is similar to the RVIA sticker. Our trailer does not have that sticker. Can any Canucks out there tell me if there trailer has one or can someone from the factory advise.
thanks

nhunter

My 2006 3600RL has a big green sticker under the entrance hadle with CSA certification.

geeksrus

My 2006 3600RL has a big green sticker under the entrance hadle with CSA certification.

Ditto... the sticker also has an Issue Number. I purchased my unit from a wholesaler in Ohio & the CSA certification was an order option.

EH!

beardedone

Beardedone
So someone forgot to put it on I guess. I know the requirement was specified when ordered and I can't see Heartland sending one up here without meeting the standards first.

beardedone

Beardedone
Well I checked out another Heartland product at our membership campground and it did not have the CSA decal either. Any other Canadians check theirs out?

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Gerry, in another post I mentioned getting stopped at the border and they did an inspection and 1 thing they checked was the sticker. I'd get after the dealer to get one, the border folks could get sticky (so to speak) also keep the bill of sale with you (truck and trailer)..../Doug

Retyred

Csa

Maybe these questions should be moved to ask the factory. That way a picture could be posted so we all know what we are looking for.

Retyred

jbeletti

I checked into this and found that it's up to the dealer to order the CSA seal for their coaches "as they deem necessary". If a product owner purchased a coach in Canada from a Canadian dealer and that coach does not have the CSA seal, it would appear the dealer ordered the coach that way. Please work with your dealer on remedies should you feel you require the certification.

Jim

arisce

Province approval

It depends. Not all provinces demand the CSA approval. For instance in Quebec you only need the RVIA seal. The dealer where we bought our BH came without the CSA seal, only the RVIA. However some dealers order with both seals as a standard policy. Check with your dealer.