Fifth wheel is leaking...TW

JawBreaker

Well, I love and hate my Road Warrior toy hauler. It leaked when brand new, left it with General RV for several weeks in 2012, well now we have delamination. I have been studious and on top of things every year when resealing all the caulked joints and seams. My trailer is falling apart right before my eyes and I can not find the cause. Took the approach of contacting Heartland and that basically took me no place. I didn't expect anything miraculous, but I did get a quote of $10000 to replace the entire side wall and then the graphics would not be matched. Anyone have suggestions? Very sad place. BTW, the unit has always been kept under roof when not in use. The side that is falling apart just so happens to be the same side and general vicinity of where the first leak appeared in 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

Are you saying that the entire side has delaminated? Even so I find it hard to believe that the wall could not be re-laminated. A new entire wall? Old graphics can be purchased so they can be matched. Heartland has a company that produces the old graphics so I have read on this forum. There are companies that produce the tools and adhesive to do the job. If you do not have the space it would not be easy. This would not be a job for a RV dealer but a good RV repair shop that specialize in RV restoration. Might call a company and send pictures to get a preliminary best guess estimate. Here is one and there are others.

http://www.rvtruckclearcoating.com/RV_Delamination.html

http://www.delamrepair.com/

ray587

Took my 2012 Roadwarrior to the factory last June to get frame flex repaired. Had delamination above the pin box area. Heartland repaired it free of charge. They replaced about 4 feet of fiberglass on both sides and I can't even see where the seam is. Did you contact Heartlands service center?

agpopp

Sorry to hear this about your trailer. Check my post about my findings today, maybe similar to your issues.