1/3 of awning LEDs blinking, or out.

Booch

I'm a month out of my warranty, and the LED lights on my awning are starting to go out. At least 1/3 of them. Some of them blink briefly before they go out. These haven't been on for more than 50 hours or so. One or two of them went out a few months ago, but this last trip is when about 1/3 of them starting having problems.

My dealer says (so far) too bad you are out of warranty according to Heartland and Carefree. I'm still pushing this, but wondering if anyone has any ideas about this? Seems like a bad connection or something, that maybe I can just fix it myself.

danemayer

Hi Booch,

Let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Even though a month out of warranty, they could elect to give you a goodwill accommodation. If they don't want to do that, you might ask if they'd be willing to send you the lights for self-install. Sometimes the labor cost is more than the parts cost. If you're willing to self-install, they might give you the parts.

A phone call doesn't cost much.

Booch

Oh, I will definitely be making a few phone calls. That's a good thought about the parts. Self-install would be fine (I think, and maybe others will chyme in on the complexity). Thanks.

nfa1eab

The leds on my small awning blinked once or twice then went out from back to front like someone running their finger down a piano keyboard. Called Heartland and they sent me a new strip. Unplugged old and plugged in new strip before installing. No light. Went to switch in garage, power there and switch works. Could not tell where awning harness connects to switch. Buried under cabinet or under awning arm on out side. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Parkinit

I have a 2016 24BHS with the same problem.Used camper 3 times,stored indoors,and now half of LED lights out.Again,just out of warranty.Seems like water entering spool.Wondering if you've resolved your lighting problem.Any tips would be appreciated .Thanks

nfa1eab

There is a fuse in line where the lights attach to the trailer wiring in the awning arm. I had to replace it. LED strip was bad as well. Heartland sent me the strip under warranty. Can't imagine the strip is very expensive.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Guess we have been lucky as ours has worked flawlessly for a little over two years now.

ProwlerAwningLEDsUtah-P1020462.jpg