shower pressure

shanise25

When i am directly hooked up to city water(using the regulator) the shower pressure is very minimal, to the point the water is only dripping down. When i have water in the holding tank and the pump is on the shower works great. Any ideas??

2009 sundance 2889 rb

truknutt

Committed Member
shanise,

Sounds like the regulator is to restrictive. Is it yours or the CG's?

Check out this link by someone with a similar problem.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Are you using a pressure regulator at the hose connection on the city water end? The first one I tried was the blue plastic ones from Wally World and it restricted down to 25psi. I got a brass one - from Wally World - and it worked better. I have since tried a different blue one and it worked fine, too. Just got a bad apple the first time. You might want to get a pressure gauge also. You can find different ones - not as ugly a contraption I came up with. :)

Attachments

• HT 371.jpg
    HT 371.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 67

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Are you using a pressure regulator at the hose connection on the city water end? The first one I tried was the blue plastic ones from Wally World and it restricted down to 25psi. I got a brass one - from Wally World - and it worked better. I have since tried a different blue one and it worked fine, too. Just got a bad apple the first time. You might want to get a pressure gauge also. You can find different ones - not as ugly a contraption I came up with. :)

HT...I think your contraption is down right beautiful and best of all it works. Would also agree some regulators are tuned to the low side and the brass ones have been a whole lot better as far as pressure go's......Kenny

TXBobcat

Fulltime
shanise25
htneighbors gave you some good advise. I use a watts regulator I got from RV Water Filter Store.

If you are using this one, keep it for an emergency only but get one of the following.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=26539&src=SRQB

This is what I am using.
Watts Adjustable 263A Regulator, 2" diameter 0-160 gauge, 4-4.5 gpm
http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/PressureRegulators.htm

This one from Campingworld would work as well.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=36032&src=SRQB

The main thing you want to look for is through put.. the above Watts has a 4 + Gal. per minute. I have my regulator adjusted to 55 psi. It will show the pressure provided up to what I have it set. Many campgounds only run about 40-45psi, however I have found some that are over 100psi. Those that did warn me when I checked in.

Hope this is helpful.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
htneighbors
I like the look of your setup. Tell me, is that the regulator or just a pressure guage. If it is a regulator which part is the regulator? I like the looks of it. Is it adjustable or does it have a set pressure? I like the way it is connected to your trailer.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
The regulator I have is at the other end of the hose. The photo shows the only solution I could come up with in Small Town, Oklahoma - where I was at the time...a mass combination of brass and galvanized fittings. It take some manipulating to get it through the holes in the bottom of the UDC.

The bad thing is - I got the connection too tight - connecting the fitting to the 25' hose you see in the photo - now, I need to come up with another one of this sort for my 50' hose. :D

The CG where I was at then had 125psi straight off the connection - had to have a regulator! :)

jbeletti

Rick from the RV Water Filter Store and the Watts 263 Regulator

Hi guys,

I saw mention of the RV Water Filter Store and I would be remiss to not mention that their booth is across from mine as I sit here at the Escapees Escapade. So I went over and took the owner's picture holding the Watts 263 Regulator with Gauge ($59.95 or without gauge $54.95).

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0435.JPG
    IMG_0435.JPG
    341.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 61

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay
While your at Rick's booth look up the 90* brass quick connect. It works great on the City Water connection. Rick can also sell you some good water hoses.

I read somewhere on one of the forums that when you use a 25 ft water hose you will run into a place where you need only 2ft or a little more length. I ordered from Rick a 36ft, 15ft and 3-3ft hoses. The 36ft hose did it's job not to long ago. I had about 3ft to spare when I got hooked up. I use the 3ft hose to connect to my 2 house filters I keep in a milk crate. Talk to Rick, he has a lot of good ideas and products.

jbeletti

Hi Bob,

Two years ago, I ordered all my goodies from Rick. I use the 105* KwikLink as it is a little easier to connect the hose when it is angled slightly outward towards the UDC door.
KwikLink105.jpg

Unlike you (the wiser one), I ordered only 25' of high quality hose with SS fittings. Should have gotten maybe 30' :)

I also have a shorty that connects my softener to the filters and a 6 footer to connect the softener to the coach (via the KwikLink). Good stuff.

If I get weak before the end of this show, I may buy the regulator.

Oxygenics Body Spa portion of this post moved to this thread.

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
When i am directly hooked up to city water(using the regulator) the shower pressure is very minimal, to the point the water is only dripping down. When i have water in the holding tank and the pump is on the shower works great. Any ideas??

2009 sundance 2889 rb

Hay Shanise25.. Did this help with your question..
We seem to get carried away when we find cool things that help us like taking showers. You should see the thread about the Kitchen Faucets...

Glad your on the forum.. Let us know what you think or if you have additional questions..

shanise25

Folks, it was my regulator, so i bought a new one and now when i take my shower i have to strap myself to the door...thanks for the replies