Washers and Dryers

Jim_Hull

My wife has told me she wants a washer and dryer installed in our BC 4010, so I am beginning to research options. I know in my mind she will not be satisfied with a combo unit because of the time it would take to dry and the wrinkles issue. So, that leaves me with stackables. Is my only option a gas dryer? I am assuming no one out there makes a 110v stackable dryer and if they did it would have the same issues in drying time? I am also assuming there is no way to get 220v to the dryer. For those of you who have traveled this road, what can you tell me?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have the Splendide stackable washer and dryer. 120 volt dryer. Both are awesome.
Here is a link to Splendide. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Splendide stackables. The dryer runs on 120V AC. Obviously drying time will be longer than with a residential dryer. We find it best to run small loads several times during the week while doing something else. You don't want to save all your laundry for a week.

If you were prepared to add a 2nd circuit breaker to your panel and run additional wiring, you could probably install a 240V receptacle to run a residential dryer - if you could find one that fits into available space. Of course, you'd always need a 50 Amp campground pedestal. It wouldn't work when using a 30 Amp pedestal.

Jim_Hull

Thank you for all of the quick replies. It seems I need to spend some time studying the Splendide site. I am not sure I want to tackle trying to install a 240v circuit.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, I just saw an ad for a new Samsung stackable washer/dryer for rvs. Riverparkinc.com was advertising them. Looked intriguing.

We have the Splendide combo and like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim_Hull

I looked at the Riverpark web site. After a little digging online it seems the model they have is 220/240v. Samsung makes good appliances so I would really be interested if it was 120v. Thanks for the link.

rxbristol

Get the Splendie, quality wise, it's better than the other brands. We've used ours for almost 2.5 years (full-timers) and my wife uses the heck out of them--almost everyday and we've not had any problems.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've been using our Splendide combo every summer since 2009 when we got the trailer. If you stuff it, you get wrinkles, or let it dry too long. My T-shirts just get laid out, smoothed down and folded tightly. Some stuff takes a touch-up with a steam iron on a counter top ironing board. We like having it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

We have the Splendid combo. Do not over stuff, do not go directly to dry, but do take close out and shake them prior to drying and add wool dryer balls. Hang up the shirts and pants to dry and they need to be removed and shaken as soon as the washer is done. We also do not use the fastest spin setting. That would cause a lot of wrinkles. We dry all other items. We use softener in the wash, Costco soap packets, and plastic washer balls. the combo unit does a good job. Take the close out as soon as the dryer stops and fold them. We can do the king size sheets and pillow cases at one time. That would be a maximum load for the combo unit. Not a problem with time to do everything, but have done two loads maximum any one day. That way we can do anything we want and not be tied down by doing the wash. We do the shirts and pants at the end of the day and hang them in the living room on the cabinet door knobs to dry over night.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have a stackable Whirlpool which the dryer is electric. Works as good as our very expensive units in the house.

TravelTiger

I looked at the Riverpark web site. After a little digging online it seems the model they have is 220/240v. Samsung makes good appliances so I would really be interested if it was 120v. Thanks for the link.

Sorry I didn't research it beforehand. Here's the ad
fe874b24ffb2dbdd7b62d1a7dfc5f3c4.jpg

alwaysbusy

Jim, we special ordered the Pinnacle 4000 combo. We have found if we use the system in the proper manner (w/o over stuffing it, etc.) it works great; we vented ours which many will tell you is the preferred way to install. Many of the combo complaints we have experienced; however, most of them come from misuse. There is no question clothes will wrinkle if you over dry them. They are not residential systems, combos are designed to be used a certain way which is explained in the user manual. We researched stackable v combo, we found the disparity in cycle time minimal with respect to the total time to both wash and dry. We like the combo as it conserves room. Stackables take up more. We have a clothing rod across the top of the closet where the combo is. We hang clothes on half of it and still have room to place the laundry basket on top of the combo, it works out really nice. If we had stackables we couldn't do.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
It's a 120v. Clothes dry about the same amount of time as the house dryer. Just remember that the wash loads are a little smaller. I call these w/d units apartment models because they are a smaller capacity than residential units.

Jim_Hull

Thanks everyone for the responses. It looks like there are some good options out there to look at..

Jim_Hull

We have the Splendide stackable washer and dryer. 120 volt dryer. Both are awesome.

Peace
Dave

Dave,

I have come to the conclusion that the Spledide stackables are the way to go. I have a couple of questions about your install. First, do you have a drain pan under the washer in case of leaks? Second, did you use the Splendide brackets on the feet of the washer to secure it to the floor? If not, how have you secured the units to make sure they don't come walking, or falling, out of the closet?

Thanks for your input.

Jim

GETnBYE

Peace
Dave
I have this same set and love them. The key to no wrinkles is (as with most dryers), don't overlaod them. To save time, I often fluff and hang on hangers to finish drying, with the exception of towels and jeans.

TravelTiger

Dave,

I have come to the conclusion that the Spledide stackables are the way to go. I have a couple of questions about your install. First, do you have a drain pan under the washer in case of leaks? Second, did you use the Splendide brackets on the feet of the washer to secure it to the floor? If not, how have you secured the units to make sure they don't come walking, or falling, out of the closet?

Thanks for your input.

Jim

Jim, we don't have stackables, but we did self-install the combo. We used the Splendide plastic(?) pan, but put a piece of plywood down first. We also used the Splendide brackets on the feet. Just applied butyl tape before screwing into the pan. These brackets say they will not keep the unit from tipping.

farside291

We have an LG combo unit with a Splendid dryer stacked on top. DW did not like the non vented combo. But loved the washer portion. The dryer stacked using the Splendid stack kit. Hardest part was installing the dryer vent, no toom in the closet.