Toilet

Donna1098

Tiny trickle of water when flushing, have to fill glass with water in sink to flush. Any suggestions on how to adjust the flow?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Donna,

If the water flow coming into the rig is low, you may find that you have to hold the pedal down, partially or fully, for 10-15 seconds to get water flowing. A clogged water filter at your water connection could also cause this.

If you're getting good water flow elsewhere, you may need to remove the inlet valve from the toilet and inspect it for buildup of dirt, calcium buildup, or other crud. If you have a Dometic 310, the valve is at the base, on the right side facing the toilet, at the rear. There may be one or two screws holding the valve in place, along with snap-in-place locking retainers. Of course, the water needs to be turned off before removing the inlet valve.

The anti-siphon valve that goes up from the inlet valve to the top of the toilet at the rear might also need to be inspected for buildup of crud.

dlw930

I tend to think the flow coming into the coach is low. Not only was the flow in the toilet low, but was low in the bathroom faucet and there wasn't enough flow to operate the clothes washer. With the coach pump on, the flow in the toilet was significantly better and so was the flow in the lavatory faucets.....not great, but acceptable. I have a Valterra adjustable regulator connected directly to the park hydrant. Pressure is 50 +/- psi. Haven't measured flow exiting regulator yet, but disconnected line from regulator to coach and flow seemed normal. Bypassing softener and 2-stage filter didn't seem to affect inside flow. Going to measure flow exiting regulator and do more checking. Maybe bad Anderson valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

If the problem started on arrival at your current location, I'd suspect the campground.

Btw, the Splendide has some type of water level sensor. When you have poor water flow, the wash cycle will stop if the minimum water level is not achieved within the programmed time limit. When that happens, you have to hold the power button down to reset the machine.

We have low water flow and the workaround on the washer is to run Cycle A (Rinse) for 60-90 seconds, then pause, then switch to the wash cycle (we usually use 10). The additional water from running a short time on Cycle A satisfies the minimum water level when running the wash cycle.

dlw930

Update: measured flows @ regulator output ~ 10 gpm; @ softener outlet ~ 6 gpm; @ filter output ~ 2 gpm. Looks like the filters are the major problem. Temporarily bypassing filters until I can get replacement cartridges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk